Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Sand Bags

Having just used up a ton of sand, I now have an empty one-trip poly bag.

It seems I have two options. Roll it up and put into dustbin. Or find an
alternative use for it.

Any suggestions? It seems such a waste to chuck it.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote in

Having just used up a ton of sand, I now have an empty one-trip poly
bag.

It seems I have two options. Roll it up and put into dustbin. Or find
an alternative use for it.

Any suggestions? It seems such a waste to chuck it.

They fit quite nicely in the car boot for chucking stuff in for the tip.

If you use one as a receptacle whilst trimming hedges and so on, it's
possible to squeeze even a fairly full one into the boot by pushing the
bottom in first and then forcing the rest through the gap - then it just
pulls out by the handles at the tip.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Having just used up a ton of sand, I now have an empty one-trip poly bag.

It seems I have two options. Roll it up and put into dustbin. Or find an
alternative use for it.

Any suggestions? It seems such a waste to chuck it.

Ive got around 50. Elfin safety means they are no longer reusable.

useful rubbish bags tho.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:

Having just used up a ton of sand, I now have an empty one-trip poly bag.

It seems I have two options. Roll it up and put into dustbin. Or find an
alternative use for it.

Any suggestions? It seems such a waste to chuck it.

Try offering it on your local Freecycle:

http://www.freecycle.org/groups/unitedkingdom/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message
Having just used up a ton of sand, I now have an empty one-trip poly

bag.

It seems I have two options. Roll it up and put into dustbin. Or

find an
alternative use for it.

Any suggestions? It seems such a waste to chuck it.

--
Rod

Hypothyroidism is a seriously debilitating condition with an

insidious
onset.

Having been doing some major construction recently I have a lot of
them. I use them to store 'overs' from bulk deliveries of ballast,
sand, pea beach. I use them to store (and shift arround) logs. Then
tatty ones get used to gather rubbish before being plonked into the
skip (*). I even have one that is used to store about twenty other
ones!!!

(* rubbish in bulk bags packs doen VERY nicely if gently leant upon by
the back actor of a JCB 3CX GG )

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

AJH wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:00:49 +0100, "PeterMcC"
wrote:

If you use one as a receptacle whilst trimming hedges

I use them for just that and we used to deliver logs in them. They
don't last too long if you drag them around so I always scrounge them
from people having deliveries of sand.

Beware they lose a lot of strength after a few months in the sun.

Why don't you offer The Natural Philosopher and Andrew Mawson a few bob for
the surplus ones they have?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...

wrote:

If you use one as a receptacle whilst trimming hedges

I use them for just that and we used to deliver logs in them. They
don't last too long if you drag them around so I always scrounge

them
from people having deliveries of sand.

Beware they lose a lot of strength after a few months in the sun.

Why don't you offer The Natural Philosopher and Andrew Mawson a few

bob for
the surplus ones they have?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I can probably find one or two if you want to collect ( 7M north of
Hastings in East Sussex)

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Beware they lose a lot of strength after a few months in the sun.

.... only too true ! I recently filled two with pea beach by hand
shovelling only to have the bottom fall out of one as it dangled in
transit from the JCB front bucket, and stupidly managed to tear the
bottom out of the second by not lifting it high enough over some spare
rear buckets the were in the way - not a good day !!!!

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"AJH" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:34:56 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

I can probably find one or two if you want to collect ( 7M north of
Hastings in East Sussex)

You should have said a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to map
Amsterdam but the tide didn't go out far enough ;-)

AJH

uh?

AWEM