Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garage door draught excluder

Looking for a brush strip to go along the bottom of an up & over garage
door. Found one a SF but its only 45mm wide & the gap is larger than that.

Any ideas where to get a wider one from?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Thus spake The Medway Handyman ) unto the
assembled multitudes:
Looking for a brush strip to go along the bottom of an up & over garage
door. Found one a SF but its only 45mm wide & the gap is larger than
that.

Any ideas where to get a wider one from?

Mind boggling as to why anyone would need a draught excluder for a
garage

cos people like to keep their expensive cars nice and warm at night?

me, my car sits on the drive, ok the motorbikes go in the garage, but the
rest of it is my workshop, so having it pretty draught free is a bonus, but
with the gap under the door blocked off i'd have nowhere to sweep the
sawdust and wood shavings under.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Looking for a brush strip to go along the bottom of an up & over garage
door. Found one a SF but its only 45mm wide & the gap is larger than
that.

Any ideas where to get a wider one from?

The gap is 45mm? Could you not screw a bit of wood along its length and then
attach a brush strip to the inside.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PAJ PAJ is offline

On Aug 14, 8:32*am, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Looking for a brush strip to go along the bottom of an up & over garage
door. *Found one a SF but its only 45mm wide & the gap is larger than that.

Any ideas where to get a wider one from?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Dave,
I think 45 mm wide would be too big a gap for it without some sort of
spacer but how about this product - www.gapstop.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 09:59:12 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Mind boggling as to why anyone would need a draught excluder for a garage
:-)

Because the garage is integral and you want to reduce heat losses?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Looking for a brush strip to go along the bottom of an up & over garage
door. Found one a SF but its only 45mm wide & the gap is larger than
that.

Any ideas where to get a wider one from?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

A strip of plastic damp proof course membrane (Wickes £6.19 for 30m) fixed
to the bottom of the door with a strip of aluminium has been keeping the
leaves and litter out of my garage for 18 years and it's cheap and easy to
replace (only once!)

see http://www.uk-diy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Looking for a brush strip to go along the bottom of an up & over garage
door. Found one a SF but its only 45mm wide & the gap is larger than that.

Any ideas where to get a wider one from?

Any use?

http://www.stormguard.co.uk/ProductsBDSGarage.html

Doesn't look to have enough gap capacity - but maybe in conjunction with
something else... ?

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Looking for a brush strip to go along the bottom of an up & over garage
door. Found one a SF but its only 45mm wide & the gap is larger than
that.

Any ideas where to get a wider one from?

http://www.formseal.co.uk/carriers180.html

Although I would be inclined to make the gap smaller to start with.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Andrews wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Looking for a brush strip to go along the bottom of an up & over
garage door. Found one a SF but its only 45mm wide & the gap is
larger than that.

Any ideas where to get a wider one from?

A strip of plastic damp proof course membrane (Wickes £6.19 for 30m)
fixed to the bottom of the door with a strip of aluminium has been
keeping the leaves and litter out of my garage for 18 years and it's
cheap and easy to replace (only once!)

see http://www.uk-diy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Aha! Good idea - I have plenty of DPC - I use it for decks.

Thanks

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk