Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default magnaclean ch filter

Hello,

Whilst browsing the old posts, I found some people recommending the
magnaclean filter and others saying they were a waste of time and you
should treat the cause not the symptom. What is the consensus now? Are
they worth having? Are they just a magnet that the sludge sticks to?
What is the bets price for one? Despite having Fernox inhibitor in my
system, I did find some black in the water I drained when removing a
radiator for decorating recently.

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fred" wrote in message
Hello,

Whilst browsing the old posts, I found some people recommending the
magnaclean filter and others saying they were a waste of time and you
should treat the cause not the symptom. What is the consensus now? Are
they worth having? Are they just a magnet that the sludge sticks to?
What is the bets price for one? Despite having Fernox inhibitor in my
system, I did find some black in the water I drained when removing a
radiator for decorating recently.

Thanks.

This is better:

On the CH return to the boiler fit this filter:

http://www.mytub.co.uk/product_infor...product=313159
Cheap enough to buy.

http://www.pneumatex.com/default.cfm...medef=1&spr=en

It grabs all the crud and magentite and protects the boilers heat
exchangers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote:
Hello,

Whilst browsing the old posts, I found some people recommending the
magnaclean filter and others saying they were a waste of time and you
should treat the cause not the symptom. What is the consensus now? Are
they worth having? Are they just a magnet that the sludge sticks to?
What is the bets price for one? Despite having Fernox inhibitor in my
system, I did find some black in the water I drained when removing a
radiator for decorating recently.

The CORGI bloke installing my new boiler more or less insisted I had a
Magnaclean. He knows his stuff & I've known him for years so I said go
ahead.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Whilst browsing the old posts, I found some people recommending the
magnaclean filter and others saying they were a waste of time and you
should treat the cause not the symptom. What is the consensus now? Are
they worth having? Are they just a magnet that the sludge sticks to?
What is the bets price for one? Despite having Fernox inhibitor in my
system, I did find some black in the water I drained when removing a
radiator for decorating recently.

The CORGI bloke installing my new boiler more or less insisted I had a
Magnaclean. He knows his stuff & I've known him for years so I said go
ahead.

If they are so essential, why aren't they already fitted to system boilers
- or supplied for use with others?

--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Whilst browsing the old posts, I found some people recommending the
magnaclean filter and others saying they were a waste of time and you
should treat the cause not the symptom. What is the consensus now? Are
they worth having? Are they just a magnet that the sludge sticks to?
What is the bets price for one? Despite having Fernox inhibitor in my
system, I did find some black in the water I drained when removing a
radiator for decorating recently.

The CORGI bloke installing my new boiler more or less insisted I had a
Magnaclean. He knows his stuff & I've known him for years so I said go
ahead.

If they are so essential, why aren't they already fitted to system boilers
- or supplied for use with others?

Alpha boilers have an integral cyclone filter on the return. They are not
essential for makers as not having one may reduce the life of a boiler.

MagnaClean - Report #2 TheScullster UK diy 11 May 15th 06 07:48 PM
MagnaClean - Report #1 TheScullster UK diy 5 May 12th 06 05:36 PM
Magnaclean question nrh UK diy 74 January 9th 06 09:29 PM
Plumbing: Magnaclean fitting? Paul UK diy 23 December 26th 05 10:45 PM
Magnaclean Matthew UK diy 17 November 6th 05 05:53 PM