Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Air vent in door frame

Hi all.
If I wanted to incorporate a upvc patio door style air vent
thingybob in my new door frame, how would I do this?

Thanks.

Arthur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
If I wanted to incorporate a upvc patio door style air vent
thingybob in my new door frame, how would I do this?

Thanks.

Arthur

Presuming its the timber frame you've been making, and you are using the
ubiquitous 'trickle vent' - start by cutting a hole, series of holes or slot
(according to type of vent) in the desired location and then screw the vents
on either side of the frame - and away to go.

Or just follow the instruction leaflet that will [probably] come in the
packet with the vent.

Tanner-'op

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Aug, 14:26, "Tanner-'op" wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:
Hi all.
If I wanted to incorporate a upvc patio door style air vent
thingybob in my new door frame, how would I do this?

Thanks.

Arthur

Presuming its the timber frame you've been making, and you are using the
ubiquitous 'trickle vent' - start by cutting a hole, series of holes or slot
(according to type of vent) in the desired location and then screw the vents
on either side of the frame - and away to go.

Or just follow the instruction leaflet that will [probably] come in the
packet with the vent.

Tanner-'op

Ah! "Trickle Vent" thats the term..I could only come up with 'bleed'
for some reason.

Thanks.

Arthur