Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tommys eco houses

Just watched a couple of these on the box. Seems like cheap TV, filmed in
the USA, Tommy doing the presenting from the UK.

I've never been a great fan of tree huggers, but this made me laugh out loud
in places.

First show about a woman who 'lead an environmental research team' at a
University. Covered the entire roof with solar panels which would save
$2400 per year. Renovation cost £320,000.

Granted the renovation included a lot of extending, but that budget could
have been reduced dramatically. She insisted that everything be re used -
windows, timber etc, therefore whacking up the labour cost no end.

Second one was a complete hoot. Seven bedroom, seven bathroom bloody
mansion. All the walls were painted with a 'graphite undercoat' to reduce
'electromagnetic radiation' or something. They had a married couple who
were 'environmental consultants' who arranged for the measurement of said
radiation. He was obviously a poof.

I'm in the wrong game. I could fleece the punters no end if I read up on
the environmental cobblers a bit.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk