Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Slippery kitchen floor tiles

My kitchen floor has very slippery tiles, each tile measures about 1
foot square.

I'm tired of almost breaking my neck if I so much as walk fast on them
(they're even worse when wet), so short of replacing them is there a
way to make them non-slip?

Perhaps a non-slip spray that actually stays on during regular use and
which isn't easily worn off?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

jamma-plusser wrote:
My kitchen floor has very slippery tiles, each tile measures about 1
foot square.

I'm tired of almost breaking my neck if I so much as walk fast on them
(they're even worse when wet), so short of replacing them is there a
way to make them non-slip?

Perhaps a non-slip spray that actually stays on during regular use and
which isn't easily worn off?

Thanks

You don't say what material the tiles are!

I suggest trying a non-slip emulsion polish. Not up with brands - maybe
someone else can suggest. But the best ones can reduce slipperiness
quite noticeably. Best put down after thorough stripping of any existing
finish, dirt, etc.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Jul 2008 15:39:19 GMT, Huge wrote:

Thanks guys.

Should have mentioned the tile material - feels/sounds like stone, but
I guess it's some kind of pured/moulded material that hardens to look
and sound like stone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message
jamma-plusser wrote:
My kitchen floor has very slippery tiles, each tile measures about 1
foot square.

I'm tired of almost breaking my neck if I so much as walk fast on them
(they're even worse when wet), so short of replacing them is there a
way to make them non-slip?

Perhaps a non-slip spray that actually stays on during regular use and
which isn't easily worn off?

Thanks

You don't say what material the tiles are!

I suggest trying a non-slip emulsion polish. Not up with brands - maybe
someone else can suggest. But the best ones can reduce slipperiness quite
noticeably. Best put down after thorough stripping of any existing finish,
dirt, etc.

--
Rod

They just put some coating down at work, I'll try to find out what it was

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jamma-plusser wrote:
My kitchen floor has very slippery tiles, each tile measures about 1
foot square.

I'm tired of almost breaking my neck if I so much as walk fast on them
(they're even worse when wet), so short of replacing them is there a
way to make them non-slip?

Perhaps a non-slip spray that actually stays on during regular use and
which isn't easily worn off?

Slippery floors are usually caused by (1) dirt, keeping it cleaner may help
(2) dust or fine powdery materials (like sand) (3) residue from furniture
polish overspray (4) detergent residue.

Giving the floor a real good deep down clean & several rinses might sort it
out.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
jamma-plusser wrote:
My kitchen floor has very slippery tiles, each tile measures about 1
foot square.

I'm tired of almost breaking my neck if I so much as walk fast on them
(they're even worse when wet), so short of replacing them is there a
way to make them non-slip?

Perhaps a non-slip spray that actually stays on during regular use and
which isn't easily worn off?

Slippery floors are usually caused by (1) dirt, keeping it cleaner may help
(2) dust or fine powdery materials (like sand) (3) residue from furniture
polish overspray (4) detergent residue.

Giving the floor a real good deep down clean & several rinses might sort it
out.

Sounds like we are all telling OP they have a dirty floor!

The last time I slipped badly on the kitchen floor, it was due to some
accidental overspray of Ambersil Silicone Lubricant - that was *really*
slippery. Close to your 3).

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:37:21 +0100, Rod
wrote:

Don't worry folks, the floor is clean (washed regularly, no detergents
applied, etc and no 'gritty' dirt left over! :-) )

Junior Member

[quote=jamma-plusser;1966987]My kitchen floor has very slippery tiles, each tile measures about 1
foot square.

I'm tired of almost breaking my neck if I so much as walk fast on them
(they're even worse when wet), so short of replacing them is there a
way to make them non-slip?

Perhaps a non-slip spray that actually stays on during regular use and
which isn't easily worn off?

Thanks[/QUO

Try Slip Doctors. You can find their website at Slippery Tile or Floor? Slippery Shower Tile Floor or Bathtub? Fix it easy! Buy Slip Doctors products online now! or call them at 888.436.5404