Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Slippery kitchen floor tiles

The Medway Handyman wrote:
jamma-plusser wrote:
My kitchen floor has very slippery tiles, each tile measures about 1
foot square.

I'm tired of almost breaking my neck if I so much as walk fast on them
(they're even worse when wet), so short of replacing them is there a
way to make them non-slip?

Perhaps a non-slip spray that actually stays on during regular use and
which isn't easily worn off?

Slippery floors are usually caused by (1) dirt, keeping it cleaner may help
(2) dust or fine powdery materials (like sand) (3) residue from furniture
polish overspray (4) detergent residue.

Giving the floor a real good deep down clean & several rinses might sort it
out.

Sounds like we are all telling OP they have a dirty floor!

The last time I slipped badly on the kitchen floor, it was due to some
accidental overspray of Ambersil Silicone Lubricant - that was *really*
slippery. Close to your 3).

--
Rod

onset.