Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch 14.4 Drill

I bought a bosch drill driver 14.4 GSR14.4VE2 with two 2.6mA batteries, last
year.
Are the batteries for the GSR drill/driver range compatible with the GSB
combi range?

Thanks.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes - I interchange my bosch 14.4v batteries freely between my drill/
driver, combi, and impact driver.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Jul, 06:17, " wrote:
Yes - I interchange my bosch 14.4v batteries freely between my drill/
driver, combi, and impact driver.

Thanks, Dom.
After I posted I checked the bosch site and the batteries for
these 14.4 range have the same id number.

Can you use different 'strength' (amperages!!??) in the same drill/
driver/combi ??
I mean, if I see a 2.0 amp battery going cheap...

Arthur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes, I got the drill driver with 1.5Ah Nicad's and the impact driver
with 2.6 Ah Nimh's.

Obviously the larger tools will suck a smaller battery dry more
quickly, but usually I'll only do that if I'm rapidly cycling through
batteries and don't have a fully charged larger battery. Using a
larger battery in a smaller tool has no downside.

My cells are beginning to get a bit tired. One of the cheapest ways to
get genuine ones is to buy a new tool - I'll probably get the cordless
grinder sometime.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Jul, 10:15, " wrote:
Yes, I got the drill driver with 1.5Ah Nicad's and the impact driver
with 2.6 Ah Nimh's.

Obviously the larger tools will suck a smaller battery dry more
quickly, but usually I'll only do that if I'm rapidly cycling through
batteries and don't have a fully charged larger battery. Using a
larger battery in a smaller tool has no downside.

My cells are beginning to get a bit tired. One of the cheapest ways to
get genuine ones is to buy a new tool - I'll probably get the cordless
grinder sometime.

How does a 14.4v hammer perform for 6mm hole in brick?

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

How does a 14.4v hammer perform for 6mm hole in brick?

I regularly drill 8mm holes in brick with my combi for multimontis.
Means I get the sds out less than I used to.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
On 25 Jul, 10:15, " wrote:
Yes, I got the drill driver with 1.5Ah Nicad's and the impact driver
with 2.6 Ah Nimh's.

Obviously the larger tools will suck a smaller battery dry more
quickly, but usually I'll only do that if I'm rapidly cycling through
batteries and don't have a fully charged larger battery. Using a
larger battery in a smaller tool has no downside.

My cells are beginning to get a bit tired. One of the cheapest ways
to get genuine ones is to buy a new tool - I'll probably get the
cordless grinder sometime.

How does a 14.4v hammer perform for 6mm hole in brick?

My Makita 14.4 combi does very well, 80% of my fixing is done with it.
Bosch should be similar.

Get hold of a Bosch multi material drill - brilliant.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk