Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why's Parrafin dearer than Petrol?

£5.30 for a gallon of Parrafin,thats a bit much ain't it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-21 11:03:26 +0100, "George" said:

£5.30 for a gallon of Parrafin,thats a bit much ain't it.

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-21 11:03:26 +0100, "George" said:

£5.30 for a gallon of Parrafin,thats a bit much ain't it.

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Cos its back legs are nearer to the ground.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-21 11:03:26 +0100, "George" said:

£5.30 for a gallon of Parrafin,thats a bit much ain't it.

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Cos its back legs are nearer to the ground.

'cos it can.

The market is smaller than it used to be. In days gone buy, people
used it in stoves for heating. Nowadays, anybody wanting that form
of space heating is using LPG.

The applications are for other things now and volumes smaller.
Probably the market is not as price sensitive as it would be if the
application were heating. Therefore the suppliers can increase the
prices without impacting sales. Probably if somebody needs paraffin,
they need it rather than anything else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Jul, 11:33, Andy Hall wrote:

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Why are you so interested? Are you jealous you can't?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

1501 wrote:
On 21 Jul, 11:33, Andy Hall wrote:

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Why are you so interested? Are you jealous you can't?

Who says he can't?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-21 12:43:03 +0100, 1501 said:

On 21 Jul, 11:33, Andy Hall wrote:

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Why are you so interested? Are you jealous you can't?

You don't know that I can't.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"1501" wrote in message
On 21 Jul, 11:33, Andy Hall wrote:

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Why are you so interested? Are you jealous you can't?

He probably could if he asked the dog nicely.
--
Dave Baker

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

1501 wrote:
On 21 Jul, 11:33, Andy Hall wrote:

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Why are you so interested? Are you jealous you can't?

I can lick my dogs' ******** anytime I want.

It's not been a frequent occurence though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:03:26 GMT, George wrote:

£5.30 for a gallon of Parrafin,thats a bit much ain't it.

You can get petrol for less than 116.7p/l? I use diesel but that last
time I half noticed petrol prices they were much nearer 120p/l than
115p/l.

What do you want the parrafin for? Domestic heating oil is parrafin,
kerosene etc. Might be less refined and thus a bit smellier than the
refined and expensive "parsene" you find in sheds and garden centres. Mind
you domestic heating oil is about 60p/l (£2.67/gallon). To get such a
small quantity offer folding money to someone with oil heating.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:03:26 GMT, George wrote:

£5.30 for a gallon of Parrafin,thats a bit much ain't it.

You can get petrol for less than 116.7p/l? I use diesel but that last
time I half noticed petrol prices they were much nearer 120p/l than
115p/l.

What do you want the parrafin for? Domestic heating oil is parrafin,
kerosene etc. Might be less refined and thus a bit smellier than the
refined and expensive "parsene" you find in sheds and garden centres. Mind
you domestic heating oil is about 60p/l (£2.67/gallon). To get such a
small quantity offer folding money to someone with oil heating.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Parrafin is good for reviving oil stains outside the house on the
pathway,I'd use petrol but this has a tendancy to evaporate far too quickly
as opposed to parrafin which soaks in and revives the dried out oil stain
overnight and then I scrub the spots of oil the next day with more parrafin.
Doing this a few times eventually brings the surface to a clean looking
pathway,might be some grey spots from where the oil stains used to be but
gnerally its looking a lot better.
The woman across the road parks her car half on the pavement and she has a
small oil leak,I've had murder with her over it and she's persisting it does
not have an oil leak but she still parks it there even when I've told her
not to park it outside my house, even if she cant park it on her own side of
the road.
The bloody council are useless they wont even intervene and it is a direct
parking offence to obstruct a public pathway ie sometime a woman with a pram
would not be able to get past and would therefor need to go onto the road
and round the car.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:15:53 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:03:26 GMT, George wrote:

£5.30 for a gallon of Parrafin,thats a bit much ain't it.

You can get petrol for less than 116.7p/l? I use diesel but that last
time I half noticed petrol prices they were much nearer 120p/l than
115p/l.

Currently unleaded is 115.9p/l around here.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:03:26 GMT, George wrote:

£5.30 for a gallon of Parrafin,thats a bit much ain't it.

You can get petrol for less than 116.7p/l? I use diesel but that last
time I half noticed petrol prices they were much nearer 120p/l than
115p/l.

Currently unleaded is 115.9p/l around here.

Where's 'here'?

Round *here* (Gloucestershire) 119.5-120p/l is the price everywhere.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-07-21 12:44:59 +0100, Lobster
said:

1501 wrote:
On 21 Jul, 11:33, Andy Hall wrote:

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Why are you so interested? Are you jealous you can't?

Who says he can't?

Exactly.

Yup, if you offer the dog a biscuit first they will often le you...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:

The woman across the road parks her car half on the pavement and she has a
small oil leak,I've had murder with her over it and she's persisting it does
not have an oil leak but she still parks it there even when I've told her
not to park it outside my house, even if she cant park it on her own side of
the road.

While I appreciate it is annoying, she has as much right to park there
as anyone else.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
George wrote:

The woman across the road parks her car half on the pavement and she has

small oil leak,I've had murder with her over it and she's persisting it

does
not have an oil leak but she still parks it there even when I've told

her
not to park it outside my house, even if she cant park it on her own

side of
the road.

While I appreciate it is annoying, she has as much right to park there
as anyone else.

--
Cheers,

John.

Not on the kerb she hasn't,this is a narrow street,so narrow that only one
side of cars are able to park actually on the road,two cars on either side
of the road and opposite eachother and you will not be able to get the
emergency services down the road not to mentions any vans.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"1501" wrote in message
On 21 Jul, 11:33, Andy Hall wrote:

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Why are you so interested? Are you jealous you can't?

He can, but dog's ******** probably dont taste too good.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Schrodinger's cat" wrote in message

"1501" wrote in message
On 21 Jul, 11:33, Andy Hall wrote:

Why does a dog lick its ********?

Why are you so interested? Are you jealous you can't?

He can, but dog's ******** probably dont taste too good.

Sorry for repeated bad joke. I should have read further down...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:

Not on the kerb she hasn't,this is a narrow street,so narrow that only one

Well you could say she has no right to park on the pavement - but that
is still the same as for anyone else! ;-)

side of cars are able to park actually on the road,two cars on either side
of the road and opposite eachother and you will not be able to get the
emergency services down the road not to mentions any vans.

Which suggests, being pragmatic, if there are more cars than will fit on
ones side of the road, the ones parking opposite ought to park partly on
the pavement.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:34:12 GMT, George wrote:

Parrafin is good for reviving oil stains outside the house on the
pathway,

I just use neat washing up liquid worked in with a stiff brush and left
for the rain to wash away, removes oil stains completely. Much cheaper and
less effort than faffing about with solvents.

I also suspect someone is is being to precious about the appearance of the
public highway outside of their boundary.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:34:12 GMT, George wrote:

Parrafin is good for reviving oil stains outside the house on the
pathway,

I just use neat washing up liquid worked in with a stiff brush and left
for the rain to wash away, removes oil stains completely. Much cheaper and
less effort than faffing about with solvents.

Fine if the oil is fresh,stubborn ground in over time...nah!

I also suspect someone is is being to precious about the appearance of the
public highway outside of their boundary.

We can all say that but at the end of the day no one want's oil stains
outside their house so visitors can step on it and walk it into their
carpet...get real.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:03:26 GMT, George wrote:

£5.30 for a gallon of Parrafin,thats a bit much ain't it.

You can get petrol for less than 116.7p/l? I use diesel but that last
time I half noticed petrol prices they were much nearer 120p/l than
115p/l.

Currently unleaded is 115.9p/l around here.

Where's 'here'?

Sunderland.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:34:12 GMT, George wrote:

Parrafin is good for reviving oil stains outside the house on the
pathway,

I just use neat washing up liquid worked in with a stiff brush and left
for the rain to wash away, removes oil stains completely. Much cheaper and
less effort than faffing about with solvents.

I also suspect someone is is being to precious about the appearance of the
public highway outside of their boundary.

Another neat trick is to use white spirit and washing up liquid mixed.
Thats a great 'swarfega' substitute.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:17:52 GMT, George wrote:

Fine if the oil is fresh,stubborn ground in over time...nah!

Worked for me with oil well soaked into concrete from a leaky oil pressure
sender on the old car. One application of washing up liquid on the spots
and a few weeks later they had gone.

I also suspect someone is is being to precious about the appearance of
the public highway outside of their boundary.

We can all say that but at the end of the day no one want's oil stains
outside their house so visitors can step on it and walk it into their
carpet...get real.

That's what doormats and eyes are for. But then I also now own a Land
Rover, that is always dropping a bit of oil but never enough to bring in
on a shoe.

--
Cheers
Dave.