Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default writing on silicone rubber?

I have a silcone rubber "dog tag" that I'd like to put my name and phone
number on for ID purposes should I drop dead during a run. (Ever the
optimist ;-))

On one side its got moulded or perhaps laser engraved text but the other is
flat. Is there anything indelible that will work on silcone rubber or is in
possible to get it "engraved"?

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
I have a silcone rubber "dog tag" that I'd like to put my name and phone
number on for ID purposes should I drop dead during a run. (Ever the
optimist ;-))

On one side its got moulded or perhaps laser engraved text but the other
is flat. Is there anything indelible that will work on silcone rubber or
is in possible to get it "engraved"?

Tim

http://www.sharpie.com/enGB/Home/default.html

What the pro's use to sign memorabilia like footballs so it wont rub off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 Jun, 12:35, "Tim Downie"
wrote:
I have a silcone rubber "dog tag" that I'd like to put my name and phone
number on for ID purposes should I drop dead during a run. (Ever the
optimist ;-))

On one side its got moulded or perhaps laser engraved text but the other is
flat. *Is there anything indelible that will work on silcone rubber or is in
possible to get it "engraved"?

Tim

Use a pen designed for writing on overhead projector acetate slides,
they'll write on anything - I would guess Rymans would have them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Angela wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
I have a silcone rubber "dog tag" that I'd like to put my name and
phone number on for ID purposes should I drop dead during a run.
(Ever the optimist ;-))

On one side its got moulded or perhaps laser engraved text but the
other is flat. Is there anything indelible that will work on
silcone rubber or is in possible to get it "engraved"?

Tim

http://www.sharpie.com/enGB/Home/default.html

What the pro's use to sign memorabilia like footballs so it wont rub
off.

Also much loved by us magician types for signing glossy playing cards. You
can buy them in Staples or from any magic dealer :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Downie wrote:
I have a silcone rubber "dog tag" that I'd like to put my name and phone
number on for ID purposes should I drop dead during a run. (Ever the
optimist ;-))

On one side its got moulded or perhaps laser engraved text but the other is
flat. Is there anything indelible that will work on silcone rubber or is in
possible to get it "engraved"?

Black silicone sealant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-06-24 18:58:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Also much loved by us magician types for signing glossy playing cards. You
can buy them in Staples or from any magic dealer :-)

Do the tricks from magic dealers come with instructions on how to operate them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-06-24 18:58:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Also much loved by us magician types for signing glossy playing
cards. You can buy them in Staples or from any magic dealer :-)

Do the tricks from magic dealers come with instructions on how to
operate them?

Pedant Effects, not tricks. Pedant

Yes, although some may require a degree of skill. For example, the
instructions may say 'now do an Elmsley Count/Ascanio Spread/Lewis Monte
Move. If you already know what that is & can do the move its simple, if you
can't it will be explained in the instructions. You then have to spend time
mastering the sleight before you can perform the effect

Some effects are described as 'self working' which usualy indicates that you
could perform them immediately. Some of these disappoint, you pay for the
secret.

Two points, magic dealers are far worse than Estate Agents when it comes to
exagerated claims - and 'knowing how to do a trick doesn't make you a
magician' - see also 'having a few tools doen't make you a carpenter'.

If you want to get into doing a few effects to amaze & amuse your friends &
family contact me off group & I will point you in the right direction.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk