Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default writing on silicone rubber?

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2008-06-24 18:58:13 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Also much loved by us magician types for signing glossy playing
cards. You can buy them in Staples or from any magic dealer :-)

Do the tricks from magic dealers come with instructions on how to
operate them?

Pedant Effects, not tricks. Pedant

Yes, although some may require a degree of skill. For example, the
instructions may say 'now do an Elmsley Count/Ascanio Spread/Lewis Monte
Move. If you already know what that is & can do the move its simple, if you
can't it will be explained in the instructions. You then have to spend time
mastering the sleight before you can perform the effect

Some effects are described as 'self working' which usualy indicates that you
could perform them immediately. Some of these disappoint, you pay for the
secret.

Two points, magic dealers are far worse than Estate Agents when it comes to
exagerated claims - and 'knowing how to do a trick doesn't make you a
magician' - see also 'having a few tools doen't make you a carpenter'.

If you want to get into doing a few effects to amaze & amuse your friends &
family contact me off group & I will point you in the right direction.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk