Old June 22nd 08, 09:30 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default saw this and thought...Heavyweight physics prof weighs intoclimate/energy scrap

in the register, all about alternative energy sums

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...arbon_free_uk/

Old June 22nd 08, 10:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:30:11 -0700 (PDT), misterroy
wrote:

in the register, all about alternative energy sums

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...arbon_free_uk/

He obviously has no problem getting his funding.

that's the rod that silences those who might speak out about this
eco-madness, just as going with it is an automatic source of funding.

£500,000 required to research the statistics of buttered toast falling
the buttered side down. (With reference to it's impact on the
environment and global warming)

)

Old June 22nd 08, 10:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
misterroy writes
in the register, all about alternative energy sums

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...arbon_free_uk/

Keep up at the back

someone talking sense at last

http://www.withouthotair.com/

--
geoff
Old June 22nd 08, 11:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:30:11 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be
misterroy wrote this:-

in the register, all about alternative energy sums

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...arbon_free_uk/

I haven't read the article. However, a comment on it in another
place was that it started from the basis that our current energy
intensity should continue. If that is true then he has missed the
point completely and should look at Contraction and Convergence.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old June 23rd 08, 03:32 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote this:-

in the register, all about alternative energy sums

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...arbon_free_uk/

I haven't read the article. However, a comment on it in another
place was that it started from the basis that our current energy
intensity should continue. If that is true then he has missed the
point completely and should look at Contraction and Convergence.

You haven't done the numbers OR read the article.

He points out that renewable energy means living at the population
levels and at the energy lifestyles of mediaeval peasants.

YOU can do it, but I am ****ed if I will.

More irritatingly, it appears to be a total pliagiarism on everything I
have been saying in this area for the last year or so on this and
cam.misc newsgroups.

I am flattered, but would have liked SOME acknoweldgement;-)..or is it
that ultimately the facts speak for themselves and the answer is indeed
plain to see to anyone who does the research and is actually able to do
basic arithmetic.

Old June 23rd 08, 07:36 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:32:27 +0100 someone who may be The Natural
Philosopher wrote this:-

You haven't done the numbers OR read the article.

You can read my mind and know whether I have personally done any
numbers? Fascinating.

The numbers have been done by a number of people, whether I have
done them is neither here or there.

I said that I had not read the article.

He points out that renewable energy means living at the population
levels and at the energy lifestyles of mediaeval peasants.

If there are no improvements in energy efficiency.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old June 23rd 08, 01:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote this:-

in the register, all about alternative energy sums

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...arbon_free_uk/

I haven't read the article. However, a comment on it in another
place was that it started from the basis that our current energy
intensity should continue. If that is true

Excellent. Mind reading.

then he has missed the
point completely

Excellent. Personal abuse.

and should look at Contraction and Convergence.

Nice try.

Ian
Old June 23rd 08, 01:30 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Philosopher wrote this:-

You haven't done the numbers OR read the article.

You can read my mind and know whether I have personally done any
numbers? Fascinating.

It's not hard. There's not much in it. Just a couple of fixed ideas and
a fixed agenda and your inability to count has repetaedly been
demosntrated.

The numbers have been done by a number of people, whether I have
done them is neither here or there.

I said that I had not read the article.

He points out that renewable energy means living at the population
levels and at the energy lifestyles of mediaeval peasants.

If there are no improvements in energy efficiency.

With all concievable gains in energy efficiency actually.

Old June 23rd 08, 01:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

The Real Doctor wrote:
misterroy wrote this:-

in the register, all about alternative energy sums
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06...arbon_free_uk/

I haven't read the article. However, a comment on it in another
place was that it started from the basis that our current energy
intensity should continue. If that is true

Excellent. Mind reading.

then he has missed the
point completely

Excellent. Personal abuse.

and should look at Contraction and Convergence.

Nice try.

Especially since contraction and convergence features in the article
quite significantly.

Giving It Capital Letters Doesn't Make It Work Any Better. BTW.

Ian

Old June 23rd 08, 02:05 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:30:22 +0100 someone who may be The Natural
Philosopher wrote this:-

It's not hard. There's not much in it. Just a couple of fixed ideas and
a fixed agenda and your inability to count has repetaedly been
demosntrated.

Such things have been asserted. The assertions have always been
false.

As always such personal attacks fail to cover the lack of arguments
about the subject under discussion. One might even conclude that
they are attempts at causing a diversion. I couldn't possible
comment.

You may have the last word.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh