Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default when paint peels...

couple of areas on my plastered walls where the existing paint has
peeled off back to the plaster, so i've scraped it til no more wants
to come off, but am left with a 'lip'. tried painting over but you can
still see the 'lip'. tried sanding to blend it in but still
noticable. is there some kind of filler i can buy to fill areas like
this?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"benpost" wrote in message
couple of areas on my plastered walls where the existing paint has
peeled off back to the plaster, so i've scraped it til no more wants
to come off, but am left with a 'lip'. tried painting over but you can
still see the 'lip'. tried sanding to blend it in but still
noticable. is there some kind of filler i can buy to fill areas like
this?

Said this more times than I can remember...painting brand new plastered
walls or plastered walls is a pita as this is what happens.

I prefer to line the wall first if I'm to paint it,this way if I want to
wallpaper it a year on I ust go straight over it with the wallpaper and then
I can start all over again some other time with wallpapering or lining.

Buy some ready mixed polyfilla and smooth over with a sharp blade,then give
a light sand around the blemishes but don't sand the filla in the blemish.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

thanks so just normal ready mix filler and apply lightly then smooth
the joins
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fine surface filler!