Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Gates

I have a pair of electric gates with motors badged as Telcom PH 50.
They're about 15 years old I think.

Recently the speed of one gate has been getting consistently slower than
the other, and this is causing a problem when they close (i.e. they
don't overlap properly).

Is there any (diy) thing I can do about this? (i.e. adjust something,
top-up oil? etc.)

Thanks & regards
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Robin" .@. wrote in message
I have a pair of electric gates with motors badged as Telcom PH 50. They're
about 15 years old I think.

Recently the speed of one gate has been getting consistently slower than
the other, and this is causing a problem when they close (i.e. they don't
overlap properly).

Is there any (diy) thing I can do about this? (i.e. adjust something,
top-up oil? etc.)

Thanks & regards

Are the hinges stiff - try oiling every moving part -

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"Robin" .@. wrote in message
I have a pair of electric gates with motors badged as Telcom PH 50. They're
about 15 years old I think.

Recently the speed of one gate has been getting consistently slower than
the other, and this is causing a problem when they close (i.e. they don't
overlap properly).

Is there any (diy) thing I can do about this? (i.e. adjust something,
top-up oil? etc.)

Thanks & regards

Are the hinges stiff - try oiling every moving part -

After checking that all the moving parts are moving freely, can you
easily disconnect both motors from the closure mechanism if so you can
compare how fast each motor rotates off load and also how easily each
gate moves.
WIth a bit of luck you can reach some sort of diagnosis.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

robert wrote:
John wrote:
"Robin" .@. wrote in message
I have a pair of electric gates with motors badged as Telcom PH 50.
They're about 15 years old I think.

Recently the speed of one gate has been getting consistently slower
than the other, and this is causing a problem when they close (i.e.
they don't overlap properly).

Is there any (diy) thing I can do about this? (i.e. adjust something,
top-up oil? etc.)

Thanks & regards

Are the hinges stiff - try oiling every moving part -

After checking that all the moving parts are moving freely, can you
easily disconnect both motors from the closure mechanism if so you can
compare how fast each motor rotates off load and also how easily each
gate moves.
WIth a bit of luck you can reach some sort of diagnosis.

The gates were manufactured by Telcoma. I downloaded a manual from their
web site. Quite tricky, there is a lot of Flash, eventually found the
manuals at:

http://www.telcoma.eu/manuals

I've adjusted the "Regulating Valve for Closing" and that's done the trick.

Thanks

Robin

Garden Gates diy-newby UK diy 20 November 19th 07 10:07 AM
Fence and gates Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 4 September 28th 06 06:41 PM
Blast Gates Jim Pierce Woodworking 3 September 22nd 05 10:59 PM
Roll along gates David W.E. Roberts UK diy 11 July 16th 05 07:37 PM
gates dave UK diy 4 April 12th 05 09:56 PM