Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fence and gates

I want to erect a fence with gates. I have found suitable fence panels
but no matching gates. Is there is any problem with cutting a fence
panel and making two gates of it, with suitable hinges?

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

See no problem with it. Assuming the hinges offer good strengh. And
if this is for security, the gates will need to close or lock tight.

[AdvanceAgent #367924]

Games I am currently playing:
http://uc.gamestotal.com/?in=367924

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I want to erect a fence with gates. I have found suitable fence panels
but no matching gates. Is there is any problem with cutting a fence
panel and making two gates of it, with suitable hinges?

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

Not that I can see. You need to finish off the cut ends of the top and
bottom pieces, and you will need some sort of diagonal brace to keep it
for sagging. There are nice rods with a turnbuckle on them that are
used on screen doors. I've used them on a door that I fabricated for a
fence on a deck that had my spa on it in a previous house. Good husky
hinges, and the rod/turnbuckle like I mentioned, to keep it square.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 23 Sep 2006 16:30:07 -0700, "professorpaul"
wrote:

Not that I can see. You need to finish off the cut ends of the top and
bottom pieces, and you will need some sort of diagonal brace to keep it
for sagging. There are nice rods with a turnbuckle on them that are
used on screen doors. I've used them on a door that I fabricated for a
fence on a deck that had my spa on it in a previous house. Good husky
hinges, and the rod/turnbuckle like I mentioned, to keep it square.

I've always felt that turnbuckles were only used for doors that had
started to sag. At any rate, on one occasion I replaced two twoxfours
out of three (Z shaped) from my gate and a third of the pickets, and
the next time most of the rest of the gate, and it's good and doesn't
sag. I guess I could have made one from scratch just by copying mine
someone else's.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I would buy an afforable gate on ebay, I have recently purchase a high
quality but cheap gate of ebay company called finer fencing and gates,
they will make to measure at no extra cost.
t a fence with . I have found suitable fence panels
but no matching . Is there is any problem with cutting a fence
panel making two of it, with suitable hinges?

Perce

OT? Size of fence gate? Peter Bogiatzidis Woodworking 2 September 5th 06 04:13 PM
More fence advice Ook Home Repair 8 August 30th 06 05:44 PM
removing/reparing studs in concrete pool deck old dirtbeard Home Repair 4 June 5th 06 07:39 PM
A new privacy wood fence after junk older one lasts 25 years Any new material ? GeorgeW6 Home Repair 0 May 11th 06 08:22 PM
chain link fence question The Dave© Home Repair 11 October 24th 05 04:27 PM