Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DPC detailing around PVCu door

PVCu doors with cill have to be set a long way down from the floor if
you don't want a great big lip to climb over. If I set the PVCu door
lower than the finished floor level where the DPC is, what do you do
with the DPC when it reaches the doorway ? Take it vertically down the
step in the brick, take it up the side of the door, or what ?
Thanks,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
PVCu doors with cill have to be set a long way down from the floor if
you don't want a great big lip to climb over. If I set the PVCu door
lower than the finished floor level where the DPC is, what do you do
with the DPC when it reaches the doorway ? Take it vertically down the
step in the brick, take it up the side of the door, or what ?
Thanks,
Simon.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Simon but that lip you're on about is this a
building regs thing as its an accident waiting to happen for a couple of my
neighbours as they are into their late 60's and they just forget about the
20mm upstand,Ive even had my reflex's tested the other day as my immediate
neighbour came to their door and forgot about the upstand.

My reflex's are fine though. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 May, 22:52, "George" wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message

PVCu doors with cill have to be set a long way down from the floor if
you don't want a great big lip to climb over. If I set the PVCu door
lower than the finished floor level where the DPC is, what do you do
with the DPC when it reaches the doorway ? Take it vertically down the
step in the brick, take it up the side of the door, or what ?
Thanks,
Simon.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Simon but that lip you're on about is this a
building regs thing as its an accident waiting to happen for a couple of my
neighbours as they are into their late 60's and they just forget about the
20mm upstand,Ive even had my reflex's tested the other day as my immediate
neighbour came to their door and forgot about the upstand.

My reflex's are fine though. :-)

Thus my desire to set the door down. Mind you there are 3 levels
possible: recess the sill if using one, recess the door frame, recess
the upstand that the door seals against (so whole thing is flush).
Obviously the last one can only be done if the door is opening
outwards and the ground level outside is lower (as it should be). Not
sure which I will go for.

To answer my own original question, I guess it does not matter.
Obvious thing is to take the DPC under the door frame.

Simon.