Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default DPC detailing around PVCu door

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
PVCu doors with cill have to be set a long way down from the floor if
you don't want a great big lip to climb over. If I set the PVCu door
lower than the finished floor level where the DPC is, what do you do
with the DPC when it reaches the doorway ? Take it vertically down the
step in the brick, take it up the side of the door, or what ?
Thanks,
Simon.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Simon but that lip you're on about is this a
building regs thing as its an accident waiting to happen for a couple of my
neighbours as they are into their late 60's and they just forget about the
20mm upstand,Ive even had my reflex's tested the other day as my immediate
neighbour came to their door and forgot about the upstand.

My reflex's are fine though. :-)