Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet WC- Vertical waste pipe

Hi

We are looking for a new toilet that connects to a waste pipe
vertically through the floor.

After some home renovation we have a long 2 metre wide bathroom. The
waste pipe that comes up vertically through the floor at 9” from the
wall (Measured to centre of pipe). This gives us a situation where a
standard Loo would be in the middle of the room.

So we would like a Toilet that can connect directly onto the
vertically pipe and sit as far back towards the wall as possible. Can
you anyone anything?

Regards

Chris
Cheshire
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris writes:
Hi

We are looking for a new toilet that connects to a waste pipe
vertically through the floor.

After some home renovation we have a long 2 metre wide bathroom. The
waste pipe that comes up vertically through the floor at 9=94 from the
wall (Measured to centre of pipe). This gives us a situation where a
standard Loo would be in the middle of the room.

So we would like a Toilet that can connect directly onto the
vertically pipe and sit as far back towards the wall as possible. Can
you anyone anything?

What's the floor construction?
Is there any chance of lifting a few floorboards and repositioning
is back, possibly by use of elbows?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:

After some home renovation we have a long 2 metre wide bathroom. The
waste pipe that comes up vertically through the floor at 9" from the
wall (Measured to centre of pipe). This gives us a situation where a
standard Loo would be in the middle of the room.

So we would like a Toilet that can connect directly onto the
vertically pipe and sit as far back towards the wall as possible. Can
you anyone anything?

It isnt possible to fit a 'modern' close coupled toilet directly onto a
soil pipe that is so far from the wall.
There are '?' shaped pan connectors available(rather then the normal 90
degree bends), but iirc, they will only fit soil pipes that go out by
around 7".
The best solution is to re-fit the soil pipe to get the inlet closer to
the wall.
Another option is to fit s 3 inch or so box section behind the toilet
cistern, though this will not look too good unless decorated well.
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 16, 3:34 pm, Chris wrote:
Hi

We are looking for a new toilet that connects to a waste pipe
vertically through the floor.

After some home renovation we have a long 2 metre wide bathroom. The
waste pipe that comes up vertically through the floor at 9” from the
wall (Measured to centre of pipe). This gives us a situation where a
standard Loo would be in the middle of the room.

So we would like a Toilet that can connect directly onto the
vertically pipe and sit as far back towards the wall as possible. Can
you anyone anything?

Regards

Chris
Cheshire

Something like a Roca Sydney WC with a swan neck pan connector
connects with the pipe centre at 210mm from the wall (just over 8"),
so should work without too much problem. Otherwise I'd use a back to
the wall WC with a concealed cistern, and build the cistern unit to
the required size to match the pipes up.

http://roca-uk.com/suites/sydney/syd.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I had similar problem and found that Twyfords do several close coupled
wc pans that have bottom outlets that are 220mm from wall

Refresh RE1145WH
Entice EN1145WH
Envy NV1145WH

they also do the flexible coupler WF1224x which connects pan to soil pipe.

Rocky

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi

We are looking for a new toilet that connects to a waste pipe
vertically through the floor.

After some home renovation we have a long 2 metre wide bathroom. The
waste pipe that comes up vertically through the floor at 9” from the
wall (Measured to centre of pipe). This gives us a situation where a
standard Loo would be in the middle of the room.

So we would like a Toilet that can connect directly onto the
vertically pipe and sit as far back towards the wall as possible. Can
you anyone anything?

Regards

Chris
Cheshire

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 16, 12:34*pm, Chris wrote:
Hi

We are looking for a new toilet that connects to a waste pipe
vertically through the floor.

After some home renovation we have a long 2 metre wide bathroom. The
waste pipe that comes up vertically through the floor at 9” from the
wall (Measured to centre of pipe). This gives us a situation where a
standard Loo would be in the middle of the room.

So we would like a Toilet that can connect directly onto the
vertically pipe and sit as far back towards the wall as possible. Can
you anyone anything?

Regards

Chris
Cheshire

Our North American toilets with the flush tank mounted on back of the
bowl portion, against but not supported by, the back wall, sit further
out than that ........................... just a mo I'll go measure
ours.

Ok centre of floor flange onto which the toilet base is bolted which
is a 3 inch** vertical directly into a 90 degree bend back to the soil/
vent pipe enclaed in the in stud wall behind the toilet is;
14 inches from surface of rear wall, 17 inches from wall on right hand
side (when you are enthroned) and on which the essential roll of
Bronco is mounted!

So maybe that's the type to use?

PS. ** We know it's 3" pipe cos we built much of the house ourselves
and have had to lift and replace toilet a few times during last 40
years.