Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HELP new toilet waste pipe questions

Help,

I have a small bathroom on the first floor (towards the front of the
house) which does not have a toilet unit installed. I want to install
a toilet unit on this bathroom now, however, I am not sure what I
should fo about the waste pipe. I can make the waste pipe run towars
the back of the room and through the wall. The only problem i see is
that there isn't a waste pipe on the outside that is near and that i
can connect my new waste pipe to.

There is a toilet downstairs on the same side of the house, some 8
meters away and i think the waste pipe for this toilet is underground.

What would be the recommended way of getting the waste pipe working
from this room and are ther any building regulations I should be aware
of or do I need to get any type of permission to do this?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
Help,

I have a small bathroom on the first floor (towards the front of the
house) which does not have a toilet unit installed. I want to install
a toilet unit on this bathroom now, however, I am not sure what I
should fo about the waste pipe. I can make the waste pipe run towars
the back of the room and through the wall. The only problem i see is
that there isn't a waste pipe on the outside that is near and that i
can connect my new waste pipe to.

You want a waste pipe on the front of the house? Best have a 4" waste pipe
run in a duct "inside" the house. Then it will not freeze up.

There is a toilet downstairs on the same side of the house, some 8
meters away and i think the waste pipe for this toilet is underground.

What would be the recommended way of getting the waste pipe working
from this room and are ther any building regulations I should be aware
of or do I need to get any type of permission to do this?

Where is the bath waste running to? What size pipe? A toilet needs to be
110mm (4").

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Best have a 4" waste pipe run in a duct "inside" the house. Then it
will not freeze up.

Must be a lot of frozen wastes in the UK then.

--
*If only you'd use your powers for good instead of evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You want a waste pipe on the front of the house? Best have a 4" waste pipe
run in a duct "inside" the house. Then it will not freeze up.

No, the waste pipe will be to the back of the house. the room is in
such position that it has access to both the front and back of the
house. Therefore I would take the soil pipe to the back of the hosue.

Where is the bath waste running to? What size pipe? A toilet needs to be
110mm (4").

The waste pipe from the bath is on the outside. When i get home i
will check the size but i think that it is not that large. I will
check and write back.

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

A word of warning. Dr Drivel is a troll, moron and generally nothing
more than a source of news in this newsgroup. It's best to ignore him.

It would be reckless to take his "advice" since he has no experience of
anything that he writes about and he will inevitably advise you to do
something which is unnecessary or simply plain dangerous.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Best have a 4" waste pipe run in a duct "inside" the house. Then it
will not freeze up.

Must

Please eff off you a total idiot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Please eff off you are another internet idiot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 5, 11:57 am, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Please eff off you are another internet idiot.

I come here to get some help. I am always learning. I know how to do
some things, others i don't know. However I realise that other
people may know what i don't and may be willing to help me.

Therefore I do not understand why that would make me an idiot. If I
asked a very obvious question which you think is stupid then let me
just say that i asked it because i do not know the answer for it.

However, since i do not know the answer my question still stands. I
hope that there are people in this newsgroup that will be willing to
help answer my question without judging my lack of knowledge in some
areas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/environ...ng_control_faq.
php

Q17. Do I need Building Regulation Approval to install fittings and
appliances or carry out drainage work?

* All drainage work in connection with a building requires an
application (including the installation of a sink or toilet)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Aug 5, 11:57 am, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Please eff off you are another internet idiot.

I come here to get some help. I am always learning. I know how to do
some things, others i don't know. However I realise that other
people may know what i don't and may be willing to help me.

Therefore I do not understand why that would make me an idiot. If I
asked a very obvious question which you think is stupid then let me
just say that i asked it because i do not know the answer for it.

However, since i do not know the answer my question still stands. I
hope that there are people in this newsgroup that will be willing to
help answer my question without judging my lack of knowledge in some
areas.

Forget about Drivel, he delights in givign suspect advice then insulting
anyone who questions him or who points out that his 'advice' is
incorrect or worthless.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 5, 11:57 am, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Please eff off you are another internet idiot.

I come here to get some help. I am always learning. I know how to do
some things, others i don't know. However I realise that other
people may know what i don't and may be willing to help me.

Therefore I do not understand why that would make me an idiot. If I
asked a very obvious question which you think is stupid then let me
just say that i asked it because i do not know the answer for it.

However, since i do not know the answer my question still stands. I
hope that there are people in this newsgroup that will be willing to
help answer my question without judging my lack of knowledge in some
areas.

You were not called an idiot. Steve Firth was called an idiot ,by an idiot
(school holidays again?). Look closely at the top of the email you replied
to and you will see the reply was not to you.

No one on this group has called you an idiot.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 5, 11:57 am, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Please eff off you are another internet idiot.

I come here to get some help. I am always learning. I know how to do
some things, others i don't know. However I realise that other
people may know what i don't and may be willing to help me.

Therefore I do not understand why that would make me an idiot.

I was not referring to you. I was addressing the idiot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

I was not referring to you. I was addressing the idiot.

Sending letters to yourself eh, Drivel?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 5, 1:25 pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Aug 5, 11:57 am, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the
toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Please eff off you are another internet idiot.

I come here to get some help. I am always learning. I know how to do
some things, others i don't know. However I realise that other
people may know what i don't and may be willing to help me.

Therefore I do not understand why that would make me an idiot.

I was not referring to you. I was addressing the idiot.

ok. My mistake.

I saw two messages and a reference to "another idiot" and i assumed it
was meant for me.

Anyway, it looks like building consent may be needed for the new
toilet. I will contact the local council

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Doctor Drivel wrote:

I was not referring to you. I was addressing the idiot.

Sending

The idiot has emerged again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

The idiot has emerged again.

And it has been so tedious since you emerged.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

The idiot has emerged again.

And it has been so tedious since you emerged.

You are still an idiot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

The idiot has emerged again.

And it has been so tedious since you emerged.

You are still an idiot.

Of course I am, that's why my qualifications are real and yours are
imaginary.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

The idiot has emerged again.

And it has been so tedious since you emerged.

You are still an idiot.

Of course I am,

Thank you. Confirmed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

The idiot has emerged again.

And it has been so tedious since you emerged.

You are still an idiot.

Of course I am, that's why my qualifications are real and yours are
imaginary.

Confirmed.

Everyone knew.

Sealing an old toilet waste pipe? A.Lee UK diy 3 June 23rd 07 09:42 AM
OK to Cut Off Toilet Waste Pipe? TheScullster UK diy 4 March 10th 07 02:49 AM
Toilet waste pipe - floor mounted! EricP UK diy 10 October 22nd 06 11:47 AM
Packing in toilet waste pipe F UK diy 6 July 13th 06 09:24 PM
Adding a basin to a toilet with no route for basin waste pipe Richard Hamer UK diy 24 July 22nd 04 12:12 AM