Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wet room - how to?

Andy Hall wrote:

On 2008-05-09 19:32:20 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

dennis@home wrote:

Under floor heating.. why do you think wet rooms have heating under the
tiles?

To turn the room into a Turkish bath if anyone uses the shower.

There isn't enough water around to do that.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you don't even know what a wet room
is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

The wet rooms you have been in don't work.
Maybe its the user that's the problem?

No, it's the design that's the problem. Indeed the very concept is
utterly ****witted.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
dennis@home wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
dennis@home wrote:

Under floor heating.. why do you think wet rooms have heating under
the
tiles?

To turn the room into a Turkish bath if anyone uses the shower.

Turn the fan on!

You and Andy keep repeating this ******** as if it were fact and as if
it made a difference. All fans active, in every single wet room I have
tried. The only "wet rooms" that work aren't in fact wet rooms, they are
rooms with a large walk-in shower enclosure without doors. Those designs
I like whether they are helical walls or large glass screens.

This sort of design works:

http://www.homesupply.co.uk/prodimag...hower-wall.jpg.
jpg

Wet rooms don't.

The wet rooms you have been in don't work.
Maybe its the user that's the problem?
Let me see, you have a tiled floor that slopes to a drain..
there is a shower at one side, 10 feet away there is a loo..
Then there is a wall with a loo roll on.
How exactly are you getting it wet?
Do you have a shower and then run around the room to spread the water as far
as possible?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..

On 2008-05-09 19:30:58 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

dennis@home wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
dennis@home wrote:

You obviously don't live in a mansion like Andy does and haven't
used a
proper wet room.

You're obviously blowing it out of your behind. I've tried wet rooms
in
several places not one of them has been satisfactory, they're simply
really stupid idea.

Or badly implemented.

There's no "or" about it. They are all badly implemented, no matter how
much they cost, no matter where they installed or by whom no matter
what
is lavished on underfloor heating, or on ventilation or indeed fittings
and fixtures. Wet rooms mean damp towels, condensation on fittings and
damp toilet tissue. It's an inevitable consequence of how they are
constructed. And before you start of puffing yourself up about hotel
prices, £400 is chump change for a hotel room compared to some of the
places where I have tried and been disappointed with, wet rooms.

Then you are not being discerning enough.

yawn ********.

And it wasn't me that was willy-wavign about hotel prices, it was dennis
who seemed to think that because he'd paid £400 for a room that it
trumped all counter arguments. I've encoutnered wet rooms in Hotels
around the world from Japan right around and back to Japan. I've never,
ever encountered a wet room design that works.

Well I have.
You just haven't stayed in an well designed hotels.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 May, 10:10, Huge wrote:

One of my medium-term plans is to shift the downstairs loo
into the space under the stairs, and I quite fancy getting a
shower in there too. However, I reckon 1300 x 800 would be
unusably tight.

Way too small. We have a 1400 x 900 shower cubicle in the master bathroom and
that's approaching OK.

Aye. Half of me says it must be possible - yachts manage it.

The other half of me says I live in a house, not on a boat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 May, 10:56, "Man at B&Q" wrote:

However, I reckon 1300 x 800 would be
unusably tight.

As a wet room that a feckin stupid idea,

Better mentioned here for a dose of reality than sorta-kinda
implemented, I thought.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

Well I have.
You just haven't stayed in an well designed hotels.

yawn

********, and you're really not worth bothering with.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

The wet rooms you have been in don't work.
Maybe its the user that's the problem?

No, it's the design that's the problem. Indeed the very concept is
utterly ****witted.

Let me see, you have a tiled floor that slopes to a drain..
there is a shower at one side, 10 feet away there is a loo..
Then there is a wall with a loo roll on.
How exactly are you getting it wet?
Do you have a shower and then run around the room to spread the water as far
as possible?

You can keep repeating yourself but repeating a load of ****e does not
make what you say true.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-09 19:32:20 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

dennis@home wrote:

Under floor heating.. why do you think wet rooms have heating under the
tiles?

To turn the room into a Turkish bath if anyone uses the shower.

There isn't enough water around to do that.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you don't even know what a wet room
is.

If you don't want to have one that's fine - your choice. Others may
wish to do so.

The problems that you describe can be overcome.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

The wet rooms you have been in don't work.
Maybe its the user that's the problem?

No, it's the design that's the problem. Indeed the very concept is
utterly ****witted.

Let me see, you have a tiled floor that slopes to a drain..
there is a shower at one side, 10 feet away there is a loo..
Then there is a wall with a loo roll on.
How exactly are you getting it wet?
Do you have a shower and then run around the room to spread the water as
far
as possible?

You can keep repeating yourself but repeating a load of ****e does not
make what you say true.

It is true by definition, its a question in case you had not noticed, why do
you avoid answering it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

The wet rooms you have been in don't work.
Maybe its the user that's the problem?

No, it's the design that's the problem. Indeed the very concept is
utterly ****witted.

Let me see, you have a tiled floor that slopes to a drain..
there is a shower at one side, 10 feet away there is a loo..
Then there is a wall with a loo roll on.
How exactly are you getting it wet?
Do you have a shower and then run around the room to spread the water as
far
as possible?

You can keep repeating yourself but repeating a load of ****e does not
make what you say true.

It is true by definition, its a question in case you had not noticed, why do
you avoid answering it?

It ism't true "by definition" it isn't even true for every wet room. I
have seen wet rooms which are not tiled, ones where the lavatory and
other sanitary fitting are not 10 ft fom the shower and ones in whoch
the toilet paper is not on a wall.

No, I don't run around the room to spread the water around as far as
possible. You're simply trying to be glib, or offensive I can't work out
which. You are doing your usual stupid trick of trying to conjecture a
series of circumstances and then to claim that these are true in every
case.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-09 19:32:20 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

dennis@home wrote:

Under floor heating.. why do you think wet rooms have heating under the
tiles?

To turn the room into a Turkish bath if anyone uses the shower.

There isn't enough water around to do that.

I'm coming to the conclusion that you don't even know what a wet room
is.

If you don't want to have one that's fine - your choice. Others may
wish to do so.

The problems that you describe can be overcome.

I have never seen them overcome, irrespective of the design of the wet
room. The only thing that works is to have a shower screen of some sort
and to confine the water to a limited area.

This then also permits towels to be placed within handy reach and is
more attractive than the prison block look that characterises wet rooms.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

The wet rooms you have been in don't work.
Maybe its the user that's the problem?

No, it's the design that's the problem. Indeed the very concept is
utterly ****witted.

Let me see, you have a tiled floor that slopes to a drain..
there is a shower at one side, 10 feet away there is a loo..
Then there is a wall with a loo roll on.
How exactly are you getting it wet?
Do you have a shower and then run around the room to spread the water
as
far
as possible?

You can keep repeating yourself but repeating a load of ****e does not
make what you say true.

It is true by definition, its a question in case you had not noticed, why
do
you avoid answering it?

It ism't true "by definition"

Yes it is, I repeated the question, the question is true, why do you think
its a lie?

it isn't even true for every wet room. I
have seen wet rooms which are not tiled, ones where the lavatory and
other sanitary fitting are not 10 ft fom the shower and ones in whoch
the toilet paper is not on a wall.

No, I don't run around the room to spread the water around as far as
possible. You're simply trying to be glib, or offensive I can't work out
which. You are doing your usual stupid trick of trying to conjecture a
series of circumstances and then to claim that these are true in every
case.

You said wet rooms don't work, they do if they are done right.
You just haven't seen one that's been done right.
If its done right you can't get wet toilet paper or even the toilet unless
/you/ wet it.
If you are going to wet things a screen isn't going to help.
Why not admit that you are wrong in claiming they don't work based on your
limited experience of poor wet rooms?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

You said wet rooms don't work,

They don't.

they do if they are done right.

No such things exist.

You just haven't seen one that's been done right.

Correct I have never seen one done right. I've been to hotels in every
continent in the world, stayed in places that pride themselves on the
quality of en-sutie wet rooms, I've encoutnered themin friends houses,
in houses I was thinking of pruchasing and I've had architects suggest
to me for houses I have built or renovated. I have seen them in show
homes and at buildign exhibitions. I haven't seen a single one "done
right".

If its done right you can't get wet toilet paper or even the toilet unless
/you/ wet it.

You're talking out of your arse. Every one I have used results in damop
towels, damp lavatory paper and unpleasant humidity, even witht he
vastly oversized ventilation system running full bore. Underfloor
heating just makes it worse.

If you are going to wet things a screen isn't going to help.
Why not admit that you are wrong in claiming they don't work based on your
limited experience of poor wet rooms?

Why not just admit that you're talking ****? My experience is not
"limited" despite your frequent attempts to claim that it is. IMO the
one with limited or no experience is you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

You have limited experience as I do.. you haven't seen a wet room that's OK,
I have.
Try harder.

The difference is that I know what I'm talkign about and you're talking
****.

Just think about it for a second or two.. what is the difference between a
puddle on a shower tray made of cast stone and one on some tiles made of
cast stone, none!

Area.

If a wet room can't work neither can a shower tray.

Utter ********, and you just did.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..
dennis@home wrote:

You said wet rooms don't work,

They don't.

[...]

cast stone, none! If a wet room can't work neither can a shower tray.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

You have limited experience as I do.. you haven't seen a wet room that's
OK,
I have.
Try harder.

The difference is that I know what I'm talkign about and you're talking
****.

Just think about it for a second or two.. what is the difference between
puddle on a shower tray made of cast stone and one on some tiles made of
cast stone, none!

Area.

So as I said a well designed wet room is fine, you just haven't been in one.

Because there's no such thing as "a well designed wet room".

You have a wet area and a dry area even if its called a wet room.

OPh FFS, I'm now convinced you;ve never seen a wet room or don't knoe
the difference between a wet room and a walk in/walk out shower
enclosure.

If it doesn't then it **** poor and you should complain.

There's a simpler solution. Don't use them and don't specify them. They
are a pointless waste of space.

If a wet room can't work neither can a shower tray.

Utter ********, and you just did.

As I said there is no difference, show me what the difference is?
All you have shown is that either you have only been in poor wet rooms or
you are making it up.

Oh **** off you tedious troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-10 10:43:37 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

I have never seen them overcome, irrespective of the design of the wet
room. The only thing that works is to have a shower screen of some sort
and to confine the water to a limited area.

That depends on the size of the available area the shower fittings
used and the user. A screen is not required.

This then also permits towels to be placed within handy reach and is
more attractive than the prison block look that characterises wet rooms.

I've only ever been in one prison block, and that had been converted to
a hotel anyway.

If you don't like wet rooms because you haven't seen a satisfactory one
then that's fine and it's your choice. However it does not mean that
there are not satisfactory ones because you haven't seen all of them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

[...]

You seem to think a wet room is wet which is cr@p, it can be wet but it
isn't all wet when in use.
You are being stupid.

If it doesn't then it **** poor and you should complain.

There's a simpler solution. Don't use them and don't specify them. They
are a pointless waste of space.

Tell that to someone in a wheel chair!

If a wet room can't work neither can a shower tray.

Utter ********, and you just did.

As I said there is no difference, show me what the difference is?
All you have shown is that either you have only been in poor wet rooms or
you are making it up.

Oh **** off you tedious troll.

You are just being stupid!
Now go away and make something up somewhere else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

You are just being stupid!
Now go away and make something up somewhere else.

plonk

Try and resist the temptation to morph your from address. (again)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Hall wrote:

However it does not mean that there are not satisfactory ones because you
haven't seen all of them.

Ah yes, statistics not one of your strengths, I take it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

You are just being stupid!
Now go away and make something up somewhere else.

plonk

Try and resist the temptation to morph your from address. (again)

I never change my from address so sod off you moron!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-10 23:18:17 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

Andy Hall wrote:

However it does not mean that there are not satisfactory ones because you
haven't seen all of them.

Ah yes, statistics not one of your strengths, I take it?

Actually it is. I believe it was you who has been making assertions
that there is no such thing as a well designed wet room; that they are
*all* badly implemented and so on. I know that you haven't been in
all of them, and it would be surprising if you had been more than a
small proportion, so the most that you can really say is that those
that you have been in have been unsatisfactory for you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-10 23:18:17 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

Andy Hall wrote:

However it does not mean that there are not satisfactory ones because you
haven't seen all of them.

Ah yes, statistics not one of your strengths, I take it?

Actually it is. I believe it was you who has been making assertions
that there is no such thing as a well designed wet room; that they are
*all* badly implemented and so on.

You need to hone up those reading skills.

I know that you haven't been in all of them, and it would be surprising
if you had been more than a small proportion, so the most that you can
really say is that those that you have been in have been unsatisfactory
for you.

Uh huh, so you don't understand statistics.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-10 23:18:17 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

Andy Hall wrote:

However it does not mean that there are not satisfactory ones because you
haven't seen all of them.
Ah yes, statistics not one of your strengths, I take it?

Actually it is. I believe it was you who has been making assertions
that there is no such thing as a well designed wet room; that they are
*all* badly implemented and so on.

You need to hone up those reading skills.

I know that you haven't been in all of them, and it would be surprising
if you had been more than a small proportion, so the most that you can
really say is that those that you have been in have been unsatisfactory
for you.

Uh huh, so you don't understand statistics.

I just love it when you two argue. So much in common, but you manage to
fall out over wet rooms (oh, and Ryanair!).

I think most Greek bathrooms qualify as wet rooms. No need for a toilet
roll at all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-05-10 23:18:17 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

Andy Hall wrote:

However it does not mean that there are not satisfactory ones because
you
haven't seen all of them.

Ah yes, statistics not one of your strengths, I take it?

Actually it is. I believe it was you who has been making assertions
that there is no such thing as a well designed wet room; that they are
*all* badly implemented and so on.

You need to hone up those reading skills.

I know that you haven't been in all of them, and it would be surprising
if you had been more than a small proportion, so the most that you can
really say is that those that you have been in have been unsatisfactory
for you.

Uh huh, so you don't understand statistics.

You don't, I stated I have been in one that worked so that screws up your
all of them are wrong statistic instantly.
Not that you can read this because you are a plonker in more than one way.

heating a room within a room R D S UK diy 3 May 23rd 07 11:56 AM
room ac help gina29_33547 Home Repair 2 November 28th 06 03:02 PM
urethane floor finish room-by-room dan10170 Home Repair 0 January 6th 06 11:28 AM
Room to room fans. Joseph Meehan Home Repair 2 September 10th 04 05:09 AM
room a/c units SamNC001 Home Repair 5 June 6th 04 06:26 PM