Chuck

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:13:02 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

I plan to use a 6" heating duct fan to move air from one room to another
through the wall.
Can these fans be pointed slightly down maybe 30 degrees?

Sure.

Also can you use a speed control to adjust them.

It depends on the fan. I would not bet on it. Check the specs. I
don't think you will find one that will.

Now the question. WHY??

I once lived in a n apartment, which had under window A/C in main
living area only, not in the bedroom. There was a through the wall
fan (12 inch square, variable speed, noisy) to try to move cool air to
bedroom. A/C unit appeared to be large enough to cool entire
apartment with bedroom door open IF a/c was on all the time so that
normal airflow was allowed to take care of it.
The little through wall fan didn't move enough air to do the job.
If I came home and found I had forgotten to leave a/c on, I'd turn it
on and place a "box fan" in the floor facing into bedroom for and hour
or so to get things equalized then turned it off and put it away.
It was just a case of needing to set thermostat and leave it there
even when gone for the day.
If you want to see simular type fan here's a link..
http://www.espenergy.com/thru_wall_fan.htm
Wayne

Chuck wrote in
:

[...]

If your through the wall fan was mounted at mid-point or higher in the
wall, it was not moving the coolest air from the livingroom into the
bedroom. Since hot air rises and cold air moves down, it was probably
moving the least desirable air.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b