Posted to uk.d-i-y
scm scm is offline

Default joining strip for hardboard

what is the proper name for the joining strip used to join sheets of
hardboard called a sort of 'H' section? Often seen on the back panels
of flat pack furniture. Also any ideas for suppliers?
Why? well I need some lengths in black to join panels in a VW van I'm
helping to fit out.
Thanks
Steve
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
scm wrote:
what is the proper name for the joining strip used to join sheets of
hardboard called a sort of 'H' section? Often seen on the back panels
of flat pack furniture. Also any ideas for suppliers?
Why? well I need some lengths in black to join panels in a VW van I'm
helping to fit out.

https://secure.mkmplastics.com/produ...8b751c260562a4

Or google on 'plastic extrusions'

--
*If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to scm, Fred M wrote:
Its been some time since you're question but I am replying anyway as it may
help others looking for this product. Let me say Ive had quite a job to find
it without buying large quantities and paying delivery charges etc. I needed
10 metres of the stuff. Its called Ariel Hygiene 'H' section joint trim. I
got mine from Transtools Ltd Hunmanby Industrial Estate Bridlington Rd
Hunmanby North Yorks. About £6 for a 2.4 metre length. I don't know if they
will deliver to the rest of the world so to speak but what is useful to know
is that they are pvcu suppliers . Their stuff isn't really made for hardboard
but for pvc trim on buildings. Its actually 2.5 mm deep but it takes 3mm
hardboard no problem. They will tell you where they get theirs from or you
can try a pvc supplier instead of searching for 'hardboard joint strip' as I
did. Hope this helps someone out there.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...rd-475458-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes back in the day this stuff used to be everywhere in all sorts of
patterns but mostly still white or black. A shop no longer in business
called Transatlantic plastics used to sell loads of it, and the decorative
hardboard called laconite so you could make all sorts of things with some
wood and glue.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Fred M" m wrote in
message ...
replying to scm, Fred M wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Often used to join back panel in flat-pack furniture.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to scm, Grandadspike wrote:
Called Hygienic Wall Cladding H Section available from PVC Cladding,
Colchester UK delivery £10 free for orders over £75. Hope this is helpful
as I searched for ages to find a suitable trim to join 3mm board to line the
roof of a Camper Van

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...rd-475458-.htm

MDF vs. Hardboard The Davenport's Woodworking 24 April 1st 08 04:45 PM
Hardboard Torsion Box? FriscoSoxFan Woodworking 11 August 7th 07 05:47 AM
Tiling Onto Hardboard John UK diy 6 February 9th 07 04:07 PM
Not all 1/4 " hardboard is 1/4" tiredofspam Woodworking 11 January 25th 05 04:48 PM
Hardboard floorcovering Ren Hoek UK diy 1 November 25th 04 10:23 PM