Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT how long before autoteller takes money back, if you walk away?

Here's what happened: put the card in, typed in to take £100 out,
retreive card, and then walk away, forgetting the money. The bank says
the autoteller takes the money back in, but they dont know how long
the cash sits there. Being the most knowledgable lot I have come
across, does anyone know how long the loot tempts passers by?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"misterroy" wrote in message

does anyone know how long the loot tempts passers by?

Are you telling us the bank doesn't know how long the money stays in the
fresh air? cant believe that.
Expect a £100 bank witdrawl on your next statement. :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happened to me some time ago. Took it back while I was still
standing there. I don't remember what distracted me how long it was
but it was quick. Less than a minute I would guess.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 25, 5:51*pm, Rednadnerb wrote:
It happened to me some time ago. Took it back while I was still
standing there. I don't remember what distracted me how long it was
but it was quick. Less than a minute I would guess.

the branch does not know how long the money hangs about, and the
branch does not know if the teller sucked the dosh back in, if I am
lucky it will be three weeks before the money comes back.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"misterroy" wrote in message

does anyone know how long the loot tempts passers by?

Are you telling us the bank doesn't know how long the money stays in the
fresh air? cant believe that.
Expect a £100 bank witdrawl on your next statement. :-(

A mate, as an apprentice, some 20+ years ago did exactly the same thing.
Money went back into the machine that was open to a busy city street.

Dunno how long it takes, of course.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"misterroy" wrote in message
On Apr 25, 5:51 pm, Rednadnerb wrote:
It happened to me some time ago. Took it back while I was still
standing there. I don't remember what distracted me how long it was
but it was quick. Less than a minute I would guess.

the branch does not know how long the money hangs about, and the
branch does not know if the teller sucked the dosh back in, if I am
lucky it will be three weeks before the money comes back.

Someone said the machine beeps at you unitl the money is withdrawn from the
mouth of the machine? did ya not realise this?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 25, 7:18*pm, "George" wrote:
"misterroy" wrote in message

On Apr 25, 5:51 pm, Rednadnerb wrote:

It happened to me some time ago. Took it back while I was still
standing there. I don't remember what distracted me how long it was
but it was quick. Less than a minute I would guess.

the branch does not know how long the money hangs about, and the
branch does not know if the teller sucked the dosh back in, if I am
lucky it will be three weeks before the money comes back.

Someone said the machine beeps at you unitl the money is withdrawn from the
mouth of the machine? did ya not realise this?

the money went from the account at 12.13, that is precise, its if and
when its coming back thats the problem. no camera on the teller and
the one up the street might have been looking elsewhere, ts a small
town so if there is video of someone taking the money he will be
recoginised. As for the beebs, they'd have been more useful to mask my
reaction when my wife told me what had happened...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"misterroy" wrote in message
Here's what happened: put the card in, typed in to take £100 out,
retreive card, and then walk away, forgetting the money. The bank says
the autoteller takes the money back in, but they dont know how long
the cash sits there. Being the most knowledgable lot I have come
across, does anyone know how long the loot tempts passers by?

the money and then see how long it takes for the teller to suck the money
back in!!

I've twice been behind folk that have left the money hanging out the
machine. First guy took a few steps away and then realised what he had done.
The other just walked away into the chip chop with about £200 hanging out
the machine. My wife had to chase after him.

Steven.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Dodd wrote:

George wrote:
"misterroy" wrote in message

does anyone know how long the loot tempts passers by?

Are you telling us the bank doesn't know how long the money stays in the
fresh air? cant believe that.
Expect a £100 bank witdrawl on your next statement. :-(

A mate, as an apprentice, some 20+ years ago did exactly the same thing.
Money went back into the machine that was open to a busy city street.

Dunno how long it takes, of course.

Depending on the brand and model of machine, it can take anything from
30 seconds to 3 minutes. That's from a friend who services ATMs and
works for a company that is one of the largest ATM manufacturers.

The money doesn't go back into the machine. It goes into a special
bin for money that didn't get collected. So the employees of the
organisation responsible for operating the ATM *must know* whether or
not the money was uncollected.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Apr, 17:26, misterroy wrote:
Here's what happened: put the card in, typed in to take £100 out,
retreive card, and then walk away, forgetting the money. The bank says
the autoteller takes the money back in, but they dont know how long
the cash sits there. Being the most knowledgable lot I have come
across, does anyone know how long the loot tempts passers by?

We need to know how often and when you use this machine, and where
exactly it is located. Also, a brief self-description would help.