Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crap sticking to toilet pan

When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to use
the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion to
the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is there
anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a new
Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

Any constructive replies appreciated

Thanks

The Major

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:44:51 +0100, Big Ron wrote:

Any constructive replies appreciated

Eat less curry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Apr, 08:44, "Big Ron" wrote:
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to use
the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion to
the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is there
anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a new
Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

Any constructive replies appreciated

Thanks

The Major

Probably the shape of the toilet pan.
With these low-water flush things, there is less and less target area,
and
in fact toilets are becoming pretty useless.
But your new pan may have some residue from a sticker or something on
it from the manufacturers. Just clean it and make sure it is smooth
and polished (the bowl that is).
Or try sitting further back so you have a clear path to water (so to
speak).
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Big Ron" wrote in message ...
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to

use
the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion

the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is there
anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a new
Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

Any constructive replies appreciated

Thanks

The Major

Change your diet.

The glaze surface on the inner pan is probably very thin ie the roughness of
the cast is ust protruding the glaze enough for ****e to grip the surface
and stay there.

basically you chose cheapness over quality.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
On 22 Apr, 08:44, "Big Ron" wrote:
[...]

Thanks Simon - previous respondees have not bothered to read my post, or
don't understand English, or assumed it's spam. the point is that I only
have the problem at home, regardles of curry or roughage, even "bullseyes"
leave residue below the water level. Very inconvenient. My Mum taught me
to lay a sheet of paper over the water surface to stop splashes hitting you,
but not how to combat 'pan skids'.
The Major

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Major" wrote in message
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message Thanks Simon -
previous respondees have not bothered to read my post, or don't understand
English, or assumed it's spam. the point is that I only have the problem
at home, regardles of curry or roughage, even "bullseyes" leave residue
below the water level. Very inconvenient. My Mum taught me to lay a
sheet of paper over the water surface to stop splashes hitting you, but
not how to combat 'pan skids'.
The Major

It's very simple. The glaze is faulty or of poor quality. If it was
perfectly smooth this wouldn't happen.
--
Dave Baker
Puma Race Engines

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Major" wrote in message

Thanks Simon - previous respondees have not bothered to read my post, or
don't understand English, or assumed it's spam. the point is that I only
have the problem at home, regardles of curry or roughage, even "bullseyes"
leave residue below the water level. Very inconvenient. My Mum taught me
to lay a sheet of paper over the water surface to stop splashes hitting

you,
but not how to combat 'pan skids'.
The Major

Clean the pan,feel the outer surface of the pan and then feel the inner area
of the pan if its not as smooth as the outer glaze then its a surfire bet
its a poorly glazed bog and nothing will stop the ****e adhereing to the
surface ie a new bog of quality will only suffice.

Bugger all to do with what Simon said,Ive never known Manufactureres to put
stickers inside the pan? outside yes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Big Ron writes
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to use
the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion to
the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is there
anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a new
Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

I can confirm this is a real problem and not notably related to diet:-)

Our house has the benefit of 4 toilets (don't ask) all Twyfords, all
installed by the same builder and during the same re-development. 3 are
fine. The 4th. has exactly the problem described by the Major.

It is clearly a cheaper version and may simply suffer from inferior
glazing.

I think replacement is the most likely solution.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote

Probably the shape of the toilet pan.
With these low-water flush things, there is less and less target area,
and
in fact toilets are becoming pretty useless.

Seconded
When looking for a new pan, I specifically looked for a model with a near
vertical inner back face.
Many modern offerings have a fair slope on the rear face which it would be
difficult to avoid when lowering "product".
All this being exacerbated by the low flush volumes currently fashionable of
course.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Big Ron writes
[...]

Flush before use so that the pan has a wet - more slippery surface.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote

Probably the shape of the toilet pan.
With these low-water flush things, there is less and less target area,
and
in fact toilets are becoming pretty useless.

Seconded
When looking for a new pan, I specifically looked for a model with a near
vertical inner back face.
Many modern offerings have a fair slope on the rear face which it would be
difficult to avoid when lowering "product".
All this being exacerbated by the low flush volumes currently fashionable of
course.

Phil

All our fashionable 'victorian' bogs suffer from **** stickage on the FRONT.

Like teapots that wont pour without dribbling, the reason lies in the
hydrodynamics. The water comes rushing down the pan and jumps over a
certain area that is EXACTLY where a soft crap gets lodged.

My one modern cheap pan with no pretensions to 'style', doesn't do this.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Big Ron writes
[...]

You're not reading my post John - it also sticks below the water surface,
and I want to be a little bit green and save water, not waste it....

Major

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
On 22 Apr, 08:44, "Big Ron" wrote:
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any
need to use the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like
adhesion to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and
re-flushing. Is there anything I could use to "season" the pan
surface (Like you do with a new Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so
readily?

Any constructive replies appreciated

Thanks

The Major

Probably the shape of the toilet pan.

I'd second that. I bought a fairly compact pan that doesn't extend out too
far from the wall for one of our bathrooms. Ever since day 1 it's needed
post-use scrubbing because of the shape of the back of the pan. It's not
the sort of thing that's easy to test in the show room. Well, not twice
anyway. ;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Big Ron wrote:

Any constructive replies appreciated

are you sure it not just the design of pan? Many low water usage system
seem to place the water trap nearer the front of the pan, meaning that
the drop zone is now onto the pan and not the water.

A strategically sheet or two paper may help cop the initial impact.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:58:29 +0100, "The Major"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Big Ron writes
[...]

Is there a waterproof but slippy coating you could put on it? Car
spray?
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Big Ron" wrote in message ...
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to
use the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion
to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is
there anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a
new Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

Any constructive replies appreciated

Thanks

The Major

Our clog wearing neighbours in Holland seem to favour bogs with an
inspection ledge....the "dump" is in open air until flushed....obviously
that can be somewhat aromatic.

What is a surprise is that however offensive/thixotropic/glutinous the dump
they always seem to flush away properly and leave a clean bog.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Major wrote:
"John" wrote in message
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Big Ron writes
[...]

toss a sheet of bogroll in first.

and buy a bogbrush.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Vortex2
writes

"Big Ron" wrote in message ...
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to
use the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion
to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is
there anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a
new Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

Any constructive replies appreciated

Thanks

The Major

Our clog wearing neighbours in Holland seem to favour bogs with an
inspection ledge....the "dump" is in open air until flushed....obviously
that can be somewhat aromatic.

Especially after a good Indonesian and a few bottles of Grolsch (the
real stuff, not the weasel water they brew in the UK). Air freshener
sales are at a permanently high level.

I think it's a facet of the Dutch being careful with money. If they
should swallow a coin, it's easier to retrieve it from the shelf.

My Texan boss a few decades ago would drive home a kilometre or two
rather than use the bogs at the office.

What is a surprise is that however offensive/thixotropic/glutinous the dump
they always seem to flush away properly and leave a clean bog.

Maybe about 75% IME (over 30 years, but not continuously). Going over
there for 2 weeks soon, so I'll keep track.

Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vortex2" wrote in message

"Big Ron" wrote in message
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to
use the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion
to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is
there anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with
a new Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

Any constructive replies appreciated

Thanks

The Major

Our clog wearing neighbours in Holland seem to favour bogs with an
inspection ledge....the "dump" is in open air until flushed....obviously
that can be somewhat aromatic.

What is a surprise is that however offensive/thixotropic/glutinous the
dump they always seem to flush away properly and leave a clean bog.

same in Germany - to inspect for intestinal worms.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Big Ron" wrote in message
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to
use the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion
to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is
there anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with
a new Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

Any constructive replies appreciated

This happens with a dry pan..
Flush the pan first.. The things dry out overnight or after a long idle
period.. If you are worried about water use and plastic spray on container
filled with water and a drop of washing up liquid..
Michael

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:12:20 +0100, Owain
wrote:

Big Ron wrote:
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to use
the toilet brush afterwards.
In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion to
the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is there
anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a new
Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?
Any constructive replies appreciated

Furniture polish?

Owain

Or even 'Closet Varnish'?

Jenks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-04-22 11:27:23 +0100, "TheScullster" said:

"sm_jamieson" wrote

Probably the shape of the toilet pan.
With these low-water flush things, there is less and less target area,
and
in fact toilets are becoming pretty useless.

Seconded
When looking for a new pan, I specifically looked for a model with a near
vertical inner back face.
Many modern offerings have a fair slope on the rear face which it would be
difficult to avoid when lowering "product".

You should see some of the Dutch and German ones - older models.
These have a specific shelf so that you can inspect "product" for worms
before flushing.

All this being exacerbated by the low flush volumes currently fashionable of
course.

Which is why there is an aroma in many German city streets during the
summer. Inadequate volumes of water going through the sewers to
remove the tolies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to use
the toilet brush afterwards.
In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion to
the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is there
anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a new
Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

We've just had one fitted - I feel your pain - ours does the same. One
minor issue I can see us having is the missus vehemently hates bog
brushes - i've had to rescue ours at least 3 times since she stuck it
out with the rest of the old fittings for disposal...

FWIW per the other responses, the glaze looked fine on ours - it just
seems to like skidmarks more than the local racetrack.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-04-22 18:36:01 +0100, Peter Twydell said:

In message , Vortex2
writes

Our clog wearing neighbours in Holland seem to favour bogs with an
inspection ledge....the "dump" is in open air until flushed....obviously
that can be somewhat aromatic.

Especially after a good Indonesian and a few bottles of Grolsch (the
real stuff, not the weasel water they brew in the UK). Air freshener
sales are at a permanently high level.

I think it's a facet of the Dutch being careful with money. If they
should swallow a coin, it's easier to retrieve it from the shelf.

My Texan boss a few decades ago would drive home a kilometre or two
rather than use the bogs at the office.

What is a surprise is that however offensive/thixotropic/glutinous the dump
they always seem to flush away properly and leave a clean bog.

Maybe about 75% IME (over 30 years, but not continuously). Going over
there for 2 weeks soon, so I'll keep track.

It's all masked by the pervading smell of pig **** from the farms....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"The Major" wrote in message
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message My Mum taught me
to lay a sheet of paper over the water surface to stop splashes hitting
you,

In that case - put paper on a tray, crap there, then slide the paper plus
poo into the loo making sure that the paper stays between the poo and the
pan. Flush

Then get a bogbrush.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"Owain" wrote in message
newsa6dndy6wZubg5PVnZ2dnUVZ8qaqnZ2d@plusnet...
Big Ron wrote:
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to
use the toilet brush afterwards.
In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion
to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is
there anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with
a new Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?
Any constructive replies appreciated

Furniture polish?

S'well known you can't polish a turd

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Big Ron wrote:
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to
use the toilet brush afterwards.
In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion
to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is
there anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with
a new Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?
Any constructive replies appreciated

Furniture polish?

S'well known you can't polish a turd

Microsoft manages it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Big Ron wrote:
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need
use the toilet brush afterwards.
In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like
adhesion
to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is
there anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do
with
a new Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?
Any constructive replies appreciated

Furniture polish?

S'well known you can't polish a turd

Microsoft manages it.

Really ?

Sure. Choose anything from their extensive product portfolio.

For example, have a look at these comments about their most recent
attempt at creating an "operating system"

http://www.macdailynews.com/index.ph...omments/12468/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkeC7HpsHxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno&NR=1

.... and they have a track record...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCIPTfnseq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpyMd...eature=related

http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/bil...lbuquerque.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Twydell wrote:
In message , Vortex2
writes

Our clog wearing neighbours in Holland seem to favour bogs with an
inspection ledge....the "dump" is in open air until
flushed....obviously that can be somewhat aromatic.

Especially after a good Indonesian and a few bottles of Grolsch (the
real stuff, not the weasel water they brew in the UK). Air freshener
sales are at a permanently high level.

I think it's a facet of the Dutch being careful with money. If they
should swallow a coin, it's easier to retrieve it from the shelf.

Nah, it's a relic of the German (& I guess Dutch) passion for pork. At one
time, worm infestation in pork was quite high and these pans were devised by
the Germans I believe to enable one to inspect one's poo for evidence of
worms.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Colin Wilson wrote:
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to use
the toilet brush afterwards.
In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion to
the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is there
anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a new
Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

We've just had one fitted - I feel your pain - ours does the same. One
minor issue I can see us having is the missus vehemently hates bog
brushes - i've had to rescue ours at least 3 times since she stuck it
out with the rest of the old fittings for disposal...

Mine too... except her difficulty with that is that she hates
second-hand skidmarks even more.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
Colin Wilson wrote:
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to
use the toilet brush afterwards.
In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion
to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is
there anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with
a new Wok) so the ****e doesn't stick so readily?

We've just had one fitted - I feel your pain - ours does the same. One
minor issue I can see us having is the missus vehemently hates bog
brushes - i've had to rescue ours at least 3 times since she stuck it out
with the rest of the old fittings for disposal...

Mine too... except her difficulty with that is that she hates second-hand
skidmarks even more.

David

My wife won't have a bog brush in the house either. Real Domestos always
seems to fix any problems (not imitation stuff).

What about trying to "season" it by rubbing some soap onto the offending
surface. I also find that a drop of washing up liquid in the cistern leaves
the pan sparkling and slippy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:00:59 GMT, "John"
wrote:

I also find that a drop of washing up liquid in the cistern leaves
the pan sparkling and slippy.

.... and leaves your hands lovely and soft.

:-)

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-04-22 11:27:23 +0100, "TheScullster" said:

"sm_jamieson" wrote

Probably the shape of the toilet pan.
With these low-water flush things, there is less and less target area,
and
in fact toilets are becoming pretty useless.

Seconded
When looking for a new pan, I specifically looked for a model with a near
vertical inner back face.
Many modern offerings have a fair slope on the rear face which it would be
difficult to avoid when lowering "product".

You should see some of the Dutch and German ones - older models. *
These have a specific shelf so that you can inspect "product" for worms
before flushing.

Yes, they have them in Romania too. When using one you reliase how
important it is that the turd spends the minimum amount of time
exposed to the air (in transit between body and water) in order to
minimise odour.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Big Ron" wrote in message
When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to
use the toilet brush afterwards.

I have a teenage son ... the fact that anything actually manages to get in
the bowl is a bonus.

Crap about crap flooding the newsgroups, floods the newsgroups! Twayne Woodworking 1 January 15th 08 05:26 AM
MI5 Crap Salmo Woodturning 1 January 2nd 08 08:19 PM
Do you get crap like this in the US? ian field Electronics Repair 13 November 8th 06 03:10 AM
Toilet flush handle sticking - what to do? trader-of-some-jacks Home Repair 14 June 27th 05 11:31 PM
Had enough of the crap here D. J. Dorn Woodworking 47 April 5th 05 11:43 AM