Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chair gas lift mechanisms

Hi all,
I`ve got a chair with a faulty gas lift mechanism, and am currently involved
in a disagreement with the supplier regarding returning the chair to them.
It`s a bloody big leather chair and they are insisting that I buy the
packing to return it to them, and get a refund of £5 for the packing
material. This is a lot of messing about - I`m wondering how standard the
gas lift mechanisms are in these chairs, and how easy it would be to source
a replacement. It seems to me that if I can get a replacement gas lift
mechanism easily and cheaply, they`d be likely to refund me the cost and
it`d be a lot less agravation than any other course of action I can think
of.

Anyone got any ideas for sources of these mechanisms in single quantities?
i`ve had a quick google and look on ebay with no joy.

Thanks in advance!