Posted to rec.woodworking
Never Enough Money

Default Precision Router Lift versus Quick Lift

Abybody know hat the differences are between the Woodpeckers' Precision
Router Lift (PRL) and their Quick Lifts? Looks like the PRK is beefier
and probably a little more acurate.....

For reference: http://www.woodpeck.com/liftshome.html

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tyke

The QucikLift says it all. The ability to disengage the lift mechanism to
allow the router to be moved up/down without cranking and then engage the
lift mechanism for precision height adjustment.

I have the unilift. I would have bought the PRL if I had not needed an
adapter for my router. I have not found cranking to be an issue. I do like
the accuracy of this and competitive lift products. I now see some router
manufacturers are designing certain routers for table mounting to enable
similar accuracy of height adjustment while in the table.

The Unilift and PRL have posts on either side of the router. The QuickLift
seems to have the two posts on one side. I am not sure if this will result
in any deflection.

The one drawback of the Unilift is that I cannot get the router as high as I
need for certain cuts.

Dave Paine.

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
Abybody know hat the differences are between the Woodpeckers' Precision
Router Lift (PRL) and their Quick Lifts? Looks like the PRK is beefier
and probably a little more acurate.....

For reference: http://www.woodpeck.com/liftshome.html

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
Abybody know hat the differences are between the Woodpeckers' Precision
Router Lift (PRL) and their Quick Lifts? Looks like the PRK is beefier
and probably a little more acurate.....

For reference: http://www.woodpeck.com/liftshome.html

Do you realize that you can buy a new large Milwaukee or either sized Triton
router for about the price of the more expensive lift and both of those
routers will do what you want the lift to do?

Posted to rec.woodworking
steamer

--What he said. And if you want to have an accurate indication
of height make one of these like I did; cheap and very effective:
http://www.nmpproducts.com/router.htm

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Nihil curo de ista tua
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : stulta superstitione...
Posted to rec.woodworking
Never Enough Money

Oh yes, I realize new routers have a crank mechanism for above the
table height adjustment BUT I already own a Porter-Cable 7519. That
said, I've also heard that the Milwaukee and the Triton above the table
height adjustment is not nearly as accurat as the PRL. Am I wrng?

Leon wrote:
"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
Abybody know hat the differences are between the Woodpeckers' Precision
Router Lift (PRL) and their Quick Lifts? Looks like the PRK is beefier
and probably a little more acurate.....

For reference: http://www.woodpeck.com/liftshome.html

Do you realize that you can buy a new large Milwaukee or either sized Triton
router for about the price of the more expensive lift and both of those
routers will do what you want the lift to do?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Never Enough Money

according the the Woodpecker's web page, the PRL can be adjusted on
0,001 inch incrments. According to the Amazom description of the
Milwaulkee, it can be adjusted in incrments of 1/64'ts of an inch which
o s0.15 inches. If I have interpreted this correctly, it means the PRL
is 15 times more accurate. Now the question is, Is 0.15 good enough for
woodworking. I'd gues most readers of this would say yes.....

Leon wrote:
"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
Abybody know hat the differences are between the Woodpeckers' Precision
Router Lift (PRL) and their Quick Lifts? Looks like the PRK is beefier
and probably a little more acurate.....

For reference: http://www.woodpeck.com/liftshome.html

Do you realize that you can buy a new large Milwaukee or either sized Triton
router for about the price of the more expensive lift and both of those
routers will do what you want the lift to do?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Never Enough Money

According to the Woodpecker's web page, the PRL can be adjusted on
0.001 inch increments. According to the Amazom description of the
Milwaulkee, it can be adjusted in increments of 1/64'ths of an inch
which is 0.15 inches. If I have interpreted this correctly, it means

Leon wrote:
"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
Abybody know hat the differences are between the Woodpeckers' Precision
Router Lift (PRL) and their Quick Lifts? Looks like the PRK is beefier
and probably a little more acurate.....

For reference: http://www.woodpeck.com/liftshome.html

Do you realize that you can buy a new large Milwaukee or either sized Triton
router for about the price of the more expensive lift and both of those
routers will do what you want the lift to do?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
according the the Woodpecker's web page, the PRL can be adjusted on
0,001 inch incrments. According to the Amazom description of the
Milwaulkee, it can be adjusted in incrments of 1/64'ts of an inch which
o s0.15 inches. If I have interpreted this correctly, it means the PRL
is 15 times more accurate. Now the question is, Is 0.15 good enough for
woodworking. I'd gues most readers of this would say yes.....

The 1/64" is the increment that is marked. You can choose increments in
between. You can easily adjust half of 1/64" to get 1/128". After that
with wood working you probably cannot see the difference with you naked eye.

With the .001 increment on the PRL, that is 1/5 of the thickness of a dollar
bill doubled. IMHO you may never need that type of accuracy. Does your TS
fence adjust that accurately?

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

They both adjust with a screw. That means that they both can be adjusted
infnatly. The only difference would be the markings on the knob and that can
be fixed. 1/64 is about .015, not .150. No.015 is not close enough.