Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tournifreak Tournifreak is offline

Default Chair gas lift mechanisms

On Apr 17, 11:02*am, "Simon Finnigan"
wrote:
Hi all,
I`ve got a chair with a faulty gas lift mechanism, and am currently involved
in a disagreement with the supplier regarding returning the chair to them.
It`s a bloody big leather chair and they are insisting that I buy the
packing to return it to them, and get a refund of £5 for the packing
material. *This is a lot of messing about - I`m wondering how standard the
gas lift mechanisms are in these chairs, and how easy it would be to source
a replacement. *It seems to me that if I can get a replacement gas lift
mechanism easily and cheaply, they`d be likely to refund me the cost and
it`d be a lot less agravation than any other course of action I can think
of.

Anyone got any ideas for sources of these mechanisms in single quantities?
i`ve had a quick google and look on ebay with no joy.

Thanks in advance!

Are they prepared to send you the replacement gas lift mechanism for
you to fit yourself? They're pretty easy to fit on the chairs I have.
In fact, it's often one of the component parts in cheap self-assembly
chairs.

Jon.