Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Fitting Blum Hinges

Recently I have fitted a few Blum hinges.

First pair, I carefully measured, remeasured, drilled, etc. Not too bad.
They work.

Second pair. I bought Blum template 65.5300 from Isaac Lord for £2-31
inc. Plonked on. Drilled through template (2.5mm). Fitted the plates.
Worked perfectly. Only measurement required is distance from top/bottom
of cabinet to hinge position. And even then you can simply place the
dorr (hinges attached) alongside the cabinet and draw along the sides of
the hinges. There are marks/edges on the template to align with edge or
centre lines done like that.

Doesn't do a lot but what it does it does well.

Apparently the template has to be ordered directly from Austria so they
might not be available from all stockists of Blum stuff.

I suspect that it might work with some other makes as well - the holes
are set 27mm from the cabinet edge and 32mm apart.

--
Rod

onset.