Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default tiling a garage floor

hi has any one tiled there garage floor with ceramic floor tiles .pros
+ cons thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
hi has any one tiled there garage floor with ceramic floor tiles .pros
+ cons thanks

It looks like you can buy special floor tile adhesive for car showrooms, so
it's probably not impossible:
http://www.trades-direct.co.uk/modul...sp?rangeid=104

When I'm doing stuff in my garage I tend to drop spanners and things from
time to time, and I suspect tiles would get damaged quite quickly.

You can get some high-performance epoxy-based floor paints for garages,
which would probably still be cheaper than tiles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 19:39:05 +0100, Simon wrote:

You can get some high-performance epoxy-based floor paints for garages,
which would probably still be cheaper than tiles.

Or you can get a thick "checker plate" patterned floor covering, no not
the soft spongey stuff for standing on this is more like a lino. Comes in
presumably a "standard garage" size rolls. I haven't got past the £99 +
VAT/roll price in CostCo...

If I ever get the garage devoid enough of stuff such that it is practical
to temporally empty it I'll paint the floor if only to stop the concrete
dusting all the time.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Floor tiling 4square UK diy 2 September 29th 07 12:34 PM
Floor tiling - making up for uneven floor level. Mark S. UK diy 3 August 11th 06 09:17 AM
Tiling a floor philip UK diy 1 August 6th 06 10:26 AM
Garage tiling [email protected] Home Repair 14 June 9th 06 06:16 AM
Tiling the floor... Rick Hughes UK diy 4 August 11th 03 11:47 PM