Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SDS Drill or lightweight breaker - recommendations

Hello

I hired a Bosch breaker a while back to remove some sand/cement
tanking from a stone wall and it was brilliant. Whilst I had it for
the weekend I also attacked a test area of the outside wall, which is
stone but has been sprayed with a plasticised coating. This is loose
enough to pull off with your hands in places, but in others it need to
be 'chiselled' off.

The Bosch breaker was effective in removing it, but was very heavy and
I wouldn't like to use it at the top of a ladder. It also seems to
sell for around £800.

Has anyone bought/used an SDS drill for this sort of thing, or is
there such as thing as a lightweight breaker that might be suitable?

Simon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Bitstreams wrote:
I hired a Bosch breaker a while back to remove some sand/cement
tanking from a stone wall and it was brilliant. Whilst I had it for
the weekend I also attacked a test area of the outside wall, which is
stone but has been sprayed with a plasticised coating. This is loose
enough to pull off with your hands in places, but in others it need to
be 'chiselled' off.

The Bosch breaker was effective in removing it, but was very heavy and
I wouldn't like to use it at the top of a ladder. It also seems to
sell for around £800.

Has anyone bought/used an SDS drill for this sort of thing, or is
there such as thing as a lightweight breaker that might be suitable?

A good SDS drill will be fine for this. They struggle when breaking up
concrete garage bases etc. ;-)

If this is all you want it for a cheapish heavy one should be fine - but
for drilling etc a more expensive but lighter one is probably a better bet.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Choosing a sds drill/breaker for occasional use dg UK diy 12 August 24th 06 03:00 PM
Anyone recommend a SDS drill/breaker to remove floor tiles ? Ian_m UK diy 3 January 27th 06 05:43 PM
drill recommendations [email protected] UK diy 8 August 10th 05 10:47 PM
SDS Drill recommendations? Rob UK diy 45 April 12th 05 01:14 PM
SDS Drill recommendations? Rob UK diy 0 April 8th 05 10:21 AM