Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default AEG Lavamat 6200 digitronic cold fill only?

Relocated my veteran lavamat to a place with cold supply only, and
rigged up both hoses from the machine to the outlet with plastic Y piece. Y
piece turned out to be a POS so have now connected up cold fill pipe only,
disconnected hot. Normally do 30C wash so guessing/hoping it won't notice
lack of water at hot inlet but wondering what setting it would actually
try to fill from hot on. Trial & error could be very time consuming so
wondering if anyone knows for sure. I've only got operating instructions
for this not installation/servicing.

I'm also wondering if I can wire the feeds to the H & C solenoids both to
the C solenoid (preferably without destroying anything :-))

--
John Stumbles

Procrastinate now!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:
Relocated my veteran lavamat to a place with cold supply only, and
rigged up both hoses from the machine to the outlet with plastic Y
piece. Y piece turned out to be a POS so have now connected up cold
fill pipe only, disconnected hot. Normally do 30C wash so
guessing/hoping it won't notice lack of water at hot inlet but
wondering what setting it would actually try to fill from hot on.
Trial & error could be very time consuming so wondering if anyone
knows for sure. I've only got operating instructions for this not
installation/servicing.

No reason why it should be time consuming. Try 40 & start machine. If it
sits there sulking then you know it's not a "cold feed only" machine.
(That's what my indesit does). Mine works fine on 30 *but*, if I don't
blank off the hot feed water dribbles out of the hot fill pipe (backflow
past the HW solenoid valve I guess). Consequently, I have to use the POS
Y-piece.

I'm also wondering if I can wire the feeds to the H & C solenoids
both to the C solenoid (preferably without destroying anything :-))

Hmm, can't think why not off the top of my head but then I'm no sparky. ;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:05:36 +0100, me9 wrote:

Going from memory, if it was like mine, the thermostat knob has two
economy settings on it. below the lower one it is cold fill, between
them is mixed fill, and above the upper one is hot fill (main wash fill
only).

OK trial suggests 70C hot fill only, 70C hot + cold i.e. water dribbles
out of hot inlet with no hose attached. Presumably some lower temp cold
fill only. Blanked off hot inlet with 3/4" brass cap (with wash m/c hose
washer inside) and put m/c back into service.

--
John Stumbles

My karma ran over my dogma

Convert cold fill washing machine to hot and cold fill [email protected] UK diy 31 December 15th 20 12:27 AM
cold fill washing machine John UK diy 15 March 24th 08 05:56 PM
AEG Lavamat 6200 not motoring John Stumbles UK diy 13 March 20th 08 11:16 PM
Dead Kenwood dvr-6200 Digital Electronics Repair 0 September 19th 07 03:45 PM
Washer cold water won't fill after filler hoses replaced: the restof the story Stubby Home Repair 5 October 16th 06 01:25 AM