Old April 10th 08, 05:56 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing broken kitchen drawer

Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Old April 10th 08, 06:59 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Screwfix sell all types of differing kitchen unit fixings/rails/brackets
etc.

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/101697/Fixings/Furniture-Fixings

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A332898/Ironmongery/Brackets/Brackets

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A332904...Furniture/Draw
er-Fittings

Alan.
Old April 10th 08, 07:30 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

HI Mark,
try http://www.isaaclord.co.uk

they sell blum kitchen fittings and when I was looking for
out of date replacement drawer runners they put me through to someone at
blums who found some old runners and sent them to me free of charge!

I'm sorry but I didn't keep the number but they (blums)were very helpful
and the guys at isaac lord were very knowkegable and helpful too.

dedics
Old April 10th 08, 07:56 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Go to the Blum site (www.blum.com), choose UK if necessary.

Try to locate a suitable part. If you do find the part you need, you
might be able to get it from a Blum retailer. (I use
http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/ or the shop itself.)

--
Rod

onset.
Old April 10th 08, 08:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Go to the Blum site (www.blum.com), choose UK if necessary.

Try to locate a suitable part. If you do find the part you need, you
might be able to get it from a Blum retailer. (I use
http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/ or the shop itself.)

There's usually a way to bodge these things with car body filler.
Depends how much chasing around you want to do

Old April 11th 08, 03:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:56:05 +0100, Rod
wrote:

Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Go to the Blum site (www.blum.com), choose UK if necessary.

Thanks :-) I should have tried them first. They say they are going
to send me some spares FOC.

M.
Old April 11th 08, 03:27 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:

Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Go to the Blum site (www.blum.com), choose UK if necessary.

Thanks :-) I should have tried them first. They say they are going
to send me some spares FOC.

So glad I mentioned them! Glad they can help. And thanks for posting
back the result.

--
Rod

onset.
Old May 25th 08, 09:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Hey Mark

I have broken the same thing. I need to know where you got the new
brackets from. Can you tell me what you typed in on the http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/
website.
Thanks
Plz Reaply soon
Akash
Old February 10th 14, 07:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:56:54 PM UTC+1, Mark wrote:
Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated.
M.

Hi all,
I have the same problem with a broken side drawer fixing. This is what I was advised to try from a very helpful person at Issac Lord(via email query, answered within a couple of hours)...only 88p each, plus 4.20 p & p.-
http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/productDe...106&subCat=000
Hope it helps.
Old May 9th 14, 12:44 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Mark, sbanujje wrote:
i wrote:

Hi,
The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the
drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket
consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a
piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot
in the drawer side.
The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any
similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15
years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!
Help appreciated.
M.

Hi ,

If you are still looking for the ZSF.150-02 ... please note that blum has
a new part number for it. It is now ZSF.1700. You need to buy Left and
Right brackets seprately. They are available online for purchase via many
companies.

Hope this helps.

Best

Fixing broken bandsaw blades steamer Metalworking 13 February 7th 08 01:23 AM
Fixing broken rad bleeder Tim.. UK diy 9 January 6th 07 05:17 PM
Fixing a broken shower handle matt p Home Repair 5 November 14th 05 08:30 PM
Fixing a broken window crank toller Home Repair 9 July 21st 05 07:45 AM
Fixing broken IC legs microx Electronics Repair 7 January 24th 05 01:55 AM