Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repairing shavers

Is it possible to diy repair a shaver ?

My Panasonic ES762 has stopped working.

I'm 95% certain there's a fault on the switch (connections maybe), so if I
could get it open I think it should be repairable. Before it stopped
working, the switch showed signs of bad connection. Then it stopped
working, I tried it again two weeks later, and it worked. Now it's stopped
again.

It's a wet and dry shaver, so everything is extra securely sealed inside.

I've removed the bottom (held on by two screws) and taken two screws out
of the top, but the main unit is not yet free from the case. I think the
cutter blocks need to come off next, but don't know how to remove them.

More info, is that the case (apart from the removed bottom) is a single
moulded unit i.e not split each side, so the main unit must come out
through the top.

OT - electric shavers? Lobster UK diy 21 November 17th 07 12:04 PM
Philips shavers - 'Coolskin' vs SmartTouch. Is wet shaving best? Mike UK diy 42 January 4th 07 02:26 PM
Electric shavers - feedback F UK diy 14 September 11th 06 10:54 PM
Electric shavers Dave Baker UK diy 14 August 2nd 06 10:45 AM
Which le better electric or blade shavers? Kate Fights, I Cry Electronics 5 May 12th 05 11:37 AM