Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default stuck valve lime scale

Anyone got any ideas on how I can free up a 3 position valve on a
shower unit locked with limescale.
Position 1 = normal shower OK
Position 2 = hand held spray OK
Position 3 = spray bars ( unable to turn valve to this position)

thanks
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:54:35 -0700, ac1951 wrote:

Anyone got any ideas on how I can free up a 3 position valve on a
shower unit locked with limescale.

Er, descale it?

--
John Stumbles

Procrastinate now!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Stumbles writes:
On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:54:35 -0700, ac1951 wrote:

Anyone got any ideas on how I can free up a 3 position valve on a
shower unit locked with limescale.

Er, descale it?

If it's over an enameled steel bath, be careful to keep the
descaler off the enamel as it will destroy the polished surface.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 3, 10:54 pm, ac1951 wrote:
Anyone got any ideas on how I can free up a 3 position valve on a
shower unit locked with limescale.
Position 1 = normal shower OK
Position 2 = hand held spray OK
Position 3 = spray bars ( unable to turn valve to this position)

thanks
Andy

- Wrap valve in toilet paper/cotton wool/similar aborbent material
- Apply descaler
- Pop a plastic bag over the valve to stop any drips getting on the
bath
- Seal with a rubber band or selotape
- Wait
- Remove everything, and wash with plenty of water.

Stuck ball valve John UK diy 3 July 29th 07 07:57 PM
Stuck service valve [email protected] UK diy 5 September 4th 06 10:55 PM
70 year old shower control blocked up with lime scale Steve Jones UK diy 23 July 30th 05 07:55 PM
Bar Keeper's Friend for Toilet Lime Scale? [email protected] Home Repair 11 May 29th 05 01:15 AM