Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 6mm^2 T&E in conduit

Hello,

I would like to run some 6mm^2 T&E to the garage or rather get a Part
P person to do it for me

My set-up is meter switch fuse CU.

I presume I change this to:
meter switch fuse henley blocks cu (house) and cu (garage)

I've never used henley blocks before; is there any advantage to using
two SP blocks or one DP block?

The cable will exit the house under the stairs into the garage (no
underground or overhead runs required) but because it will exit at
about 1.5m above floor level, it will be at a height that it might get
knocked by people or cars, so I think I should protect it in conduit.
Are all conduits created equal or are some better than others? How
thick is 6mm^2 T&E, does it require "fat" conduit? of course, IIRC
conduit will reduce the max load the wire can carry.

Thanks.

6 AWG with no conduit OK? xgtfour Home Repair 9 January 13th 07 04:31 AM
Blocked Conduit - Need to See in 3/4" Conduit - Fibre optic Camera? Scott Townsend Home Repair 15 October 15th 06 06:35 PM
Conduit - PVC or EMT Steve DeMars Woodworking 16 February 8th 06 02:52 AM
conduit BigWallop UK diy 3 June 15th 05 12:46 AM
Electrical conduit. PVR Home Repair 8 January 12th 05 01:02 AM