Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default 6mm^2 T&E in conduit

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:34:09 +0000, James Salisbury
wrote:

Do you you have a spare way in your consumer unit?

Yes but...

If so run the garage power from there

The CU is RCD'ed and I thought it was bad practice to run your
garage/outdoor supply from an RCD'ed unit because if the RCD trips
because of the lawn mower, the whole house goes dark.

if not fit a small consumer unit with a single way and run the power from there.

I was going to fit a small CU like you describe but I thought I should
site that in the garage not the house?

What are your earth arrangements

I will have to check the faq for the correct terminology

what are you wanting to run off this cable?

Garage light, outdoor PIR light, freezer, lawnmower, drill, saw, etc.