Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Salisbury[_2_] James Salisbury[_2_] is offline

Default 6mm^2 T&E in conduit

Fred wrote:
Hello,

I would like to run some 6mm^2 T&E to the garage or rather get a Part
P person to do it for me

My set-up is meter switch fuse CU.

I presume I change this to:
meter switch fuse henley blocks cu (house) and cu (garage)

I've never used henley blocks before; is there any advantage to using
two SP blocks or one DP block?

The cable will exit the house under the stairs into the garage (no
underground or overhead runs required) but because it will exit at
about 1.5m above floor level, it will be at a height that it might get
knocked by people or cars, so I think I should protect it in conduit.
Are all conduits created equal or are some better than others? How
thick is 6mm^2 T&E, does it require "fat" conduit? of course, IIRC
conduit will reduce the max load the wire can carry.

Thanks.

Do you you have a spare way in your consumer unit? If so run the garage
power from there, if not fit a small consumer unit with a single way and
run the power from there. What are your earth arrangements and what
are you wanting to run off this cable? Photos of the arrangement would help.