Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix Counter

Made the mistake of saying how quick they were - Croydon branch. Not
today. Took well over half an hour to get served. Wish they had terminals
where you order and pay yourself rather than have to queue behind people
who don't know what they want. Rather like Argos has.

--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Made the mistake of saying how quick they were - Croydon branch. Not
today. Took well over half an hour to get served. Wish they had
terminals where you order and pay yourself rather than have to queue
behind people who don't know what they want. Rather like Argos has.

Touch wood, the Gillingham counter has been 100% success for me, always seem
to have what I want, quick service.

Probably won't last.

Depends on the manager IMO. I'm about halfway between the Chatham &
Gravesend branches of Wickes. Chalk & cheese. Gravesend branch is clean,
tidy, plenty of stock. Chatham branch is a complete tip, grubby,
disorganised, untidy.

Screwfix Gillingham is run by an ex Tesco Express manager, which I reckon is
a good thing.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 01:04:52 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm about halfway between the Chatham & Gravesend branches of Wickes.

The distribution of branches is a little odd/patchy. My nearest is
Gateshead (approx 40 miles away) then near that there is North Shields,
Middlesbrough and Sunderland. Two in Edinburgh with Falkirk not that far
away, Glasgow & Livingston, a whole slew along/near the M62 corridor but
nothing on the west side from Manchester to Glasgow. Lancaster and
Carlisle are obvious places to put branches I would have thought
(prefereably Carlisle...).

--
Cheers
Dave.

Screwfix Counter in Bradford F UK diy 8 December 5th 06 10:38 PM
New Screwfix trade counter in Stockport Richard Conway UK diy 4 April 3rd 06 09:50 PM
Screwfix to open trade counter in Bristol [email protected] UK diy 14 January 20th 05 01:40 PM
Screwfix PoP UK diy 28 March 12th 04 09:19 PM
Screwfix Peter G UK diy 1 January 9th 04 10:44 PM