Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway

Default New Screwfix trade counter in Stockport

Wuhoo! They're opening a trade counter in Stockport which will be well
handy for me. Shame it wasn't around this weekend so I could have got
some plumbing bits instead of going to B&Q.

What kind of stock do the trade counters hold? Is it pretty usual to be
able to get most things from the catalogue or do you have to order some
stuff?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews

"Richard Conway" wrote in message
Wuhoo! They're opening a trade counter in Stockport which will be well
handy for me. Shame it wasn't around this weekend so I could have got
some plumbing bits instead of going to B&Q.

What kind of stock do the trade counters hold? Is it pretty usual to be
able to get most things from the catalogue or do you have to order some
stuff?

They are also trying to recruit staff for a Croydon, Surrey trade counter -
but exactly where I don't know... yet!

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:15:04 GMT, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:

"Richard Conway" wrote in message
Wuhoo! They're opening a trade counter in Stockport which will be well
handy for me. Shame it wasn't around this weekend so I could have got
some plumbing bits instead of going to B&Q.

What kind of stock do the trade counters hold? Is it pretty usual to be
able to get most things from the catalogue or do you have to order some
stuff?

They are also trying to recruit staff for a Croydon, Surrey trade counter -
but exactly where I don't know... yet!

Peter

Belmarsh? Wormwood Scrubs?

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Richard Conway writes:
Wuhoo! They're opening a trade counter in Stockport which will be well
handy for me. Shame it wasn't around this weekend so I could have got
some plumbing bits instead of going to B&Q.

What kind of stock do the trade counters hold? Is it pretty usual to be
able to get most things from the catalogue or do you have to order some
stuff?

They've had everything I've ever tried buying in stock.
I've never heard them telling anyone else that an item
is not in stock either.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Richard Conway writes:
Wuhoo! They're opening a trade counter in Stockport which will be well
handy for me. Shame it wasn't around this weekend so I could have got
some plumbing bits instead of going to B&Q.

What kind of stock do the trade counters hold? Is it pretty usual to be
able to get most things from the catalogue or do you have to order some
stuff?

They've had everything I've ever tried buying in stock.
I've never heard them telling anyone else that an item
is not in stock either.

You should come and stand behind me then... (in the Bristol branch) I
have an uncanny knack of managing to find the things that aren't in
stock... on a couple of occasions I've hit a hole-in-one having only
gone in for a single item! On the whole though pretty good, and
certainly nowhere near as bad as Toolstation once were.

Mathew