Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Them saws are back on ebay

Different seller though.

http://tinyurl.com/28yswx

Worked the ******** off mine last year on two decking jobs.
Still working but the blade needs changing although it still cuts fine this
is the only thing I found naff on the saw.

Other than that once the saw is set up for cutting true it was well worth
the £70 as opposed the crap in B&Q and the like.

:-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
m...
Different seller though.

http://tinyurl.com/28yswx

**** sake,one of his buyers was miffed because the blade was naff...he only
paid £64 for the saw,jesus you couldn't by one out of B&Q for that price.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
George wrote:
Different seller though.

http://tinyurl.com/28yswx

Worked the ******** off mine last year on two decking jobs. Still
working but the blade needs changing although it still cuts fine this is
the only thing I found naff on the saw.

Other than that once the saw is set up for cutting true it was well worth
the £70 as opposed the crap in B&Q and the like.

I bought a PP sliding type from B&Q ages ago for more than twice that
price and in general am very pleased with it.
However, in an ideal world it would slide more easily and have indents
for 45 and 90 degrees, etc. But it is very rigid and once set cuts pretty
accurately. I put this down to the sliding mechanism being built into the
base rather than raised like the twin rail types like this one. Playing
with the twin overhead rail easy sliding similar cheapies in B&Q etc shows
them all to deflect quite easily. Of course for decking work this doesn't
really matter much.

--
*Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
George wrote:
[...]

Can't say I've noticed any deflection on the twin rail saw.

I thought the bloke I bought mine off had ceased trading,seems not...this is
the one I bought
http://tinyurl.com/2ugyh5

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Different seller though.

http://tinyurl.com/28yswx

Worked the ******** off mine last year on two decking jobs.
Still working but the blade needs changing although it still cuts
fine this is the only thing I found naff on the saw.

I've got the Axminster one with a CMT blade, been used on 15+ decks since I
bought it. Works a treat still.

Saw the Makita version t'other day, I'd love one, it just screamed quality.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
George wrote:
Different seller though.

http://tinyurl.com/28yswx

Worked the ******** off mine last year on two decking jobs.
Still working but the blade needs changing although it still cuts
fine this is the only thing I found naff on the saw.

I've got the Axminster one with a CMT blade, been used on 15+ decks since

bought it. Works a treat still.

Saw the Makita version t'other day, I'd love one, it just screamed

quality.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

How much did you pay for your 3in1 ladder?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Different seller though.

http://tinyurl.com/28yswx

Worked the ******** off mine last year on two decking jobs.
Still working but the blade needs changing although it still cuts
fine this is the only thing I found naff on the saw.

I've got the Axminster one with a CMT blade, been used on 15+ decks
since I bought it. Works a treat still.

Saw the Makita version t'other day, I'd love one, it just screamed
quality.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

How much did you pay for your 3in1 ladder?

Think it was about £60 in Wickes. Lots of deals on them lately, B&Q had one
on offer last week.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk