Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Timer with remote boost

The Church heating consists of three boiler systems, two of which have 3
and 4 zones respectively. This means I have two clusters of timers
(controlling the boiler via motorised valves) which is not too much of a
problem but it would be nice to have one for each of the boilers.

It would also be nice to have remote "boost" buttons so users of rooms
can request heat for an hour or so (when I have forgotten to programme
it in) and preferably for the boost button to have an indication when
that zone is on.

Any suggestions of products available or am I going to have to look at a
homemade system?

--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 15:39:41 +0000 John wrote :
The Church heating consists of three boiler systems, two of which have
3 and 4 zones respectively. This means I have two clusters of timers
(controlling the boiler via motorised valves) which is not too much of
a problem but it would be nice to have one for each of the boilers.

It would also be nice to have remote "boost" buttons so users of rooms
can request heat for an hour or so (when I have forgotten to programme
it in) and preferably for the boost button to have an indication when
that zone is on.

Any suggestions of products available or am I going to have to look at
a homemade system?

Greeting from another church heating person! You can screw up most jobs
in a church and people will be too polite to say anything but get the
heating wrong ....

Fortunately we only have one zone, with three Honeywell CM67s doing
different jobs. I doubt whether you can afford this, but I was at
EcoBuild on Thursday and reminded one of the Honeywell reps that a couple
of years back I had said to one of his colleagues that what I really
wanted was a CM67 with an internet connection so I could check or
reprogram it from home, whereupon he gave me a demo of their latest
system which does this for multiple zones, with remote control over the
net possible.

http://www.sensibleheat.co.uk/hometronic-manager.htm

I couldn't find any prices though - rep suggest low four figures.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I had thought of

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/50691

but unfortunately the instructions link is wrong, or a ChannelPlus
H47XL.

I am happy to stay with multiple clocks but the remote boost facility
would be good.

As you say, doing it from home would be great but I think the cost would
be prohibitive.

John

In article , Tony Bryer
writes
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 1, 3:39*pm, John wrote:
The Church heating consists of three boiler systems, two of which have 3
and 4 zones respectively. This means I have two clusters of timers
(controlling the boiler via motorised valves) which is not too much of a
problem but it would be nice to have one for each of the boilers.

Sounds like you need some relays

It would also be nice to have remote "boost" buttons so users of rooms
can request heat for an hour or so (when I have forgotten to programme
it in) and preferably for the boost button to have an indication when
that zone is on.

Check elkay They have timer-only boost buttons, and timed boost
programmable thermostats, which allow the user to go from set-back to
boosted heat for 1 or 2 hours. They also have PIR activated versions
of the same.

As for on indication if that isn't provided it's a "simple" matter of
extending wires from the zone valve and fitting a neon in a
gridswitch.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message
I had thought of

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/50691

but unfortunately the instructions link is wrong, or a ChannelPlus
H47XL.

I am happy to stay with multiple clocks but the remote boost facility
would be good.

As you say, doing it from home would be great but I think the cost would
be prohibitive.

John

If the wiring is at mains voltage then have you considered using something
like

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOE15.html

It would have to be one for each zone though.

Adam