Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sharp TV / VCR Remote Codes - GE Universal Remote

Not sure if this is the best group for this question -- if, not, my
apologies and
my humble request for pointers to a more appropriate group.

Sharp 13VT-J100 combinationTV/VCR unit.

Remote is lost. I have three of these TV / VCR units and have remotes
for only two.

Bought a "universal" remote, a GE RM24906. Fresh batteries.

Tried to program the GE Universal for the Sharp TV , going through all
the steps.
GE unit lists possible codes of 004; 006;, 009; 020; 063; 079; 095; 122;
123;
226 and 229.

None worked. Zero functions.

Programed the GE Universal to run a Sylvania TV for which I had a known
"good" code. GE Universal ran the Sylvania unit flawlessly.

To me this says the GE universal is functioning.

Used one of the original remotes from one of the other Sharp units on
the Sharp
unit I need the replacement remte for. The Sharp remote runs the Sharp
TV / VCR
flawlessly. This tells me the Sharp TV/VCR is working.

But in no way can I get the blankety blank GE universal remote pogrammed to
run the blankety blank Sharp TV/ VCR unit.

Any body out there got any ideas?

Thank you.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is hands-down the BEST universal remote of all:
http://www.ofausa.com/remote.php?type=URC%203300
One-For-All makes several other models also
JR