Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where do you buy a TV aerial mast?

No TV signal this morning after last night's winds and a check on the
roof reveals that the aerial mast has rusted through and snapped. B &
Q do a 3' mast which is exactly what I'm looking for:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na...ducts&x=37&y=4

Out of curiosity, are there other places that you can walk into and
get a 1" x 3' mast?

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
blackhead wrote
No TV signal this morning after last night's winds and a check on the
roof reveals that the aerial mast has rusted through and snapped. B &
Q do a 3' mast which is exactly what I'm looking for:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na..._search=SLX+Ae
rial+Mast+18G+3ft&selected=products&x=37&y=4

Out of curiosity, are there other places that you can walk into and
get a 1" x 3' mast?

You may also want to consider a 1.5 or 2 inch diameter mast in
aluminium.

You may have a tlc branch on a trading estate near you

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Aerials_Index/Fixings/index.html

Maplin have 'high street' retail outlets

www.maplin.co.uk

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y
SJP SJP is offline

"blackhead" wrote in message
No TV signal this morning after last night's winds and a check on the
roof reveals that the aerial mast has rusted through and snapped. B &
Q do a 3' mast which is exactly what I'm looking for:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na...ducts&x=37&y=4

Out of curiosity, are there other places that you can walk into and
get a 1" x 3' mast?

Thanks.

Depends whre you are really. Try

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ngs/index.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2008-03-01, blackhead wrote:
No TV signal this morning after last night's winds and a check on the
roof reveals that the aerial mast has rusted through and snapped. B &
Q do a 3' mast which is exactly what I'm looking for:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na...ducts&x=37&y=4

Out of curiosity, are there other places that you can walk into and
get a 1" x 3' mast?

Hall Aerials
Unit 1/3
Bury Walk
Bedford
Bedfordshire
MK41 0DU
South East
Phone: 01234 344720

One of the reasons I like him is that on one occasion when I said I'd tried to
find out which aerial group I needed for a new TV aerial by looking it up on the
Internet, he said "Oh, there's nothing on that Internet". It's become something
of a catchphrase in my office.

Next time you go in, tell him he's on the Internet now.

--
Andrew Gabriel

TV aerial mast - price and source David W.E. Roberts UK diy 17 December 10th 04 09:50 AM
Weather mast Stuart Home Repair 1 September 10th 04 05:07 PM
WOOD MAST HOOPS J T Woodworking 0 August 6th 04 08:16 AM
Mast Problem Gafffer Woodworking 0 September 19th 03 08:11 AM