Senior Member

Question 32mm or 40mm waste pipes?

Silly question, but am about to order the waste pipe to re-plumb my new bathroom, and cant for love nor money remember which pipe to use for sink, showers and bath! 32mm or 40mm? Will be using solvent.

Someone please point me in the right direction.

Ta
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 32mm or 40mm waste pipes?

Cordless Crazy wrote:

Silly question, but am about to order the waste pipe to re-plumb my new
bathroom, and cant for love nor money remember which pipe to use for
sink, showers and bath! 32mm or 40mm? Will be using solvent.

Someone please point me in the right direction.

40mm for baths, and kitchen sinks, other outlets can use 32mm, though
there shouldnt be a problem if you use 40mm for all.
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Cordless Crazy

40mm for bath and shower
32mm for basin (sink)
are the most usual sizes for bathroom wastes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"A.Lee" wrote in message
Cordless Crazy wrote:

Silly question, but am about to order the waste pipe to re-plumb my
new
bathroom, and cant for love nor money remember which pipe to use for
sink, showers and bath! 32mm or 40mm? Will be using solvent.

Someone please point me in the right direction.

40mm for baths, and kitchen sinks, other outlets can use 32mm, though
there shouldnt be a problem if you use 40mm for all.
Alan.

I think shower traps usually come in 40mm only, and basin wastes seem to
default to 32mm. If it's a pedestal basin, space could be very tight
for the trap, so I'd go for 32mm - you could always increase to 40mm
somewhere downstream if it's a very long run. I see you can now get WC
pan connectors with a branch to accept basin waste pipe - seems vaguely
risky to me.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cordless Crazy wrote:
Silly question, but am about to order the waste pipe to re-plumb my new
bathroom, and cant for love nor money remember which pipe to use for
sink, showers and bath! 32mm or 40mm? Will be using solvent.

Someone please point me in the right direction.

Ta

32 for the basin, 40 for bath/shower and the main run to the stack for
all bathroom waste.

Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Autolycus" wrote in message

"A.Lee" wrote in message
Cordless Crazy wrote:

Silly question, but am about to order the waste pipe to re-plumb my new
bathroom, and cant for love nor money remember which pipe to use for
sink, showers and bath! 32mm or 40mm? Will be using solvent.

Someone please point me in the right direction.

40mm for baths, and kitchen sinks, other outlets can use 32mm, though
there shouldnt be a problem if you use 40mm for all.
Alan.

I think shower traps usually come in 40mm only, and basin wastes seem to
default to 32mm. If it's a pedestal basin, space could be very tight for
the trap, so I'd go for 32mm - you could always increase to 40mm somewhere
downstream if it's a very long run. I see you can now get WC pan
connectors with a branch to accept basin waste pipe - seems vaguely risky
to me.

Where from (interested) ??

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.multikwik.com/products.php?keywords=MKWCBS

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Autolycus" wrote in message

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

"Autolycus" wrote in message

I see you can now get WC pan connectors with a branch to accept basin
waste pipe - seems vaguely risky to me.

Where from (interested) ??

http://www.multikwik.com/products.php?keywords=MKWCBS

Many thanks. (Very small toilet with no access to waste other than toilet
connector!)

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Autolycus" contains these words:

I see you can now get WC pan connectors with a branch to accept
basin waste pipe - seems vaguely risky to me.

Where from (interested) ??

http://www.multikwik.com/products.php?keywords=MKWCBS

Any reason to worry that the dimensions for this particular product are "n/a"?

If both sink and bath waste was connected by this route would not an
anti-syphon device also be needed?

--
Roger Chapman

are 6m lengths of 40mm waste pipe available? nafuk UK diy 5 August 25th 06 08:30 AM
40mm waste steep gradient required. H-S UK diy 1 March 14th 06 08:04 AM
Are all 32mm waste pipe standard size? Stevie UK diy 4 October 19th 05 06:04 PM
32mm Waste John UK diy 2 October 13th 05 07:40 PM
22mm overflow to 32mm waste adapter? andrewpreece UK diy 10 December 14th 03 12:46 AM