Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default are 6m lengths of 40mm waste pipe available?

Hi, I have a run under a floor and would prefer not to have couplings
in case they leak.

If 6m lengths are not available would I be ok with pushfit couplings
(have plenty of tehse but no solvent weld stuff/glue).

Thank you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If 6m lengths are not available would I be ok with pushfit couplings

Talk about the opposite extreme!

If you are worried about underfloor leaks, then you certainly don't want
push fit!

Get some solvent. Solvent weld fittings are cheap and the solvent isn't
exactly going to break the bank, either.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:14:09 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

If 6m lengths are not available would I be ok with pushfit couplings

Talk about the opposite extreme!

If you are worried about underfloor leaks, then you certainly don't want
push fit!

Get some solvent. Solvent weld fittings are cheap and the solvent isn't
exactly going to break the bank, either.

It smells lovely, too :-)

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y
AJ AJ is offline

I thought you weren't supposed to go above 3m in a run without a push-
coupler, or other means of allowing for expansion when hot water goes
through..

In article . com,
says...
Hi, I have a run under a floor and would prefer not to have couplings
in case they leak.

If 6m lengths are not available would I be ok with pushfit couplings
(have plenty of tehse but no solvent weld stuff/glue).

Thank you

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
"nafuk" writes:
I was going to leave some room for expansion on the external elbow, and
also the pipe will be supported on wooden batts under the floor, not
clampled, so room for a bit of movement there. The run is just about

Staple a piece of carpet around the batts, so the pipe can slide
on it _silently_. Might also limit noise transmission to the structure.

4m. I'm not really worried about push fit leaking but if greater than
3m are available, I may as well use it.

Having phoned 3 builders merchants, 1 stocks 4m lengths of 40mm

When I wanted about 12" of 50mm muPVC, I found it only came in
4m lengths ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel