John

Default 32mm Waste

I am replacing a cloakroom sink for a friend and the waste pipe the solvent
welded type. It measures 36mm OD. I have lots of 32 mm push fit bits and
pieces but no adaptor from one to the other. Will a 32 mm compression
coupling fit the solvent pipe? I dont want tho have to replace all the
pipework as it goes under the floor before exiting the house. I can
obviously get a coupler easily but cannot take the pipe with me to check if
it will fit. Does anybody know if this is the way or can an adaptor be
easily obtained?

Cheers

John

Peter Taylor

"John" wrote in message
I am replacing a cloakroom sink for a friend and the waste pipe the solvent
welded type. It measures 36mm OD. I have lots of 32 mm push fit bits and
pieces but no adaptor from one to the other. Will a 32 mm compression
coupling fit the solvent pipe? I dont want tho have to replace all the
pipework as it goes under the floor before exiting the house. I can
obviously get a coupler easily but cannot take the pipe with me to check if
it will fit. Does anybody know if this is the way or can an adaptor be
easily obtained?

Cheers

John

Yes. I have a chrome trap on my cloakroom basin which matches push-fit type
pipe, but the waste pipe was solvent type. I used a McAlpine 32mm
"Universal" compression coupling to connect the two different size pipes
together. I assumed that's what they mean by Universal - anyway it worked!

Anything at www.bes.ltd.uk do John?

Mungo