Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who makes appliances for MFI / Hygena / Howdens? Cooker hood filter needed.

Hi all.

I have a kitchen by MFI. [1]. I want a charcoal filter for the
extractor unit but they're either expensive or not recognised. Anyone
help me find the cheapest ones, please?

The extractor is a "Diplomat" 2210 using an APM 2906 filter. I know
its rebadged, but who actually makes them? Maybe I can get a better
price from the makers.

I've tried the online and local appliance stores and filter merchants
but no one recognises the parts numbers or the 'diplomat' range.

My local MFI store tells me they don't do them any more but I can get
a filter from Howdens, a trade only supplier. (Who have none in stock
at £20 each).

http://www.howdens.com/appliances/ex...rbo-extractor/

MFI Head office says they can do them at £33.82p and the unit is made
by Hygena.

I can find no single contact number for 'Hygena'. Argggh. Can anyone
help?

Thanks.

[1] Yeah, who buys MFI gets what they deserve. Yadd yadda...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike Barnard
writes

http://www.howdens.com/appliances/ex...tegrated-turbo
-extractor/

MFI Head office says they can do them at £33.82p and the unit is made
by Hygena.

I can find no single contact number for 'Hygena'. Argggh. Can anyone
help?

If it's the type that takes a flat sheet then search on Ebay for 'hood
carbon filter'. I found some that just cut to size to fit the existing
recirculating Hygena cooker hood here. Much much cheaper than those
prices.

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:03:09 +0000, Si $3o&m wrote:

In message , Mike Barnard
writes

[...]

Running two appliances off of a cooker switch. Rednadnerb UK diy 2 January 8th 08 04:33 PM
Cooker hood! [email protected] UK diy 12 September 8th 06 05:46 PM
AEG Cooker hood dazzle UK diy 2 February 2nd 06 11:28 AM
cooker hood Valerie UK diy 4 October 6th 05 06:41 PM
Cooker Hood Carbon Filter Life? NatterJak UK diy 4 August 25th 03 05:29 PM