Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Its that Alley Gating thing again

I got onto the council yesterday to complain about the flaw in their alley
gate system,apparently you can get a screwdriver inbetween the frame and the
loc and get passed the locking mechanism.

The lock area has a v shaped elongated cutout and needs a plate weld over
this area.
This morning I went down to have a look at what they were proposing to
do,they said they have done it ie pop riveted a small plate over the area
with only two rivets. doh! where do the council train their monkeys?

If I hadn't of been there they would have left it like that,I got him to
weld it and you know what? he did with a couple of spot welds in the wrong
area for strenghtening.

doh! where do the council train their monkeys?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:01:14 GMT, "George"
wrote:

I got onto the council yesterday to complain about the flaw in their alley
gate system,apparently you can get a screwdriver inbetween the frame and the
loc and get passed the locking mechanism.

The lock area has a v shaped elongated cutout and needs a plate weld over
this area.
This morning I went down to have a look at what they were proposing to
do,they said they have done it ie pop riveted a small plate over the area
with only two rivets. doh! where do the council train their monkeys?

If I hadn't of been there they would have left it like that,I got him to
weld it and you know what? he did with a couple of spot welds in the wrong
area for strenghtening.

doh! where do the council train their monkeys?

At least you've got alleygates.
We'd love some. At least it'd give the yobs a different challenge.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:

I got onto the council yesterday to complain about the flaw in their
alley gate system,apparently you can get a screwdriver inbetween the
frame and the loc and get passed the locking mechanism.

The lock area has a v shaped elongated cutout and needs a plate weld
over this area.
This morning I went down to have a look at what they were proposing to
do,they said they have done it ie pop riveted a small plate over the
area with only two rivets. doh! where do the council train their
monkeys?

If I hadn't of been there they would have left it like that,I got him
to weld it and you know what? he did with a couple of spot welds in
the wrong area for strenghtening.

doh! where do the council train their monkeys?

That's the problem with employing monkeys rather than alleygaters. If you
complain, they'll only shed crocodile tears. g
--
Cheers,
Roger