Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Current-carrying capacity: 2.5mm T&E in conduit in solid wall?

I know I don't know BS7671 but I now find I can't even fathom the
current-carrying capacity if I put bog-standard 2.5mm T&E in plastic
conduit in an internal plaster/lathe wall and plaster over it. Is it
table 4D5A - despite the fact that methods 2 & 3 both involve insulated
walls which this ain't?

It matters because the derating for grouping would mean I could not put
2 cables through one conduit and hit the magic 20A figure - unless, of
course, I've misunderstood that too. So I was rather hoping for a
rating which took account of the greater conductivity of the wall and/or
the greater surface area of flat T&E compared to round multicore.

And, while I could revert to just clipping and plastering over, it seems
a shame not to use conduit (especially given my hindsight is now so much
better than my foresight).

--
Robin

Conduit cable capacity pls UK diy 17 May 11th 18 07:39 PM
How to increase the current carrying capacity of Titanium Anodizing Racks [email protected] Metalworking 5 August 24th 07 07:57 PM
20mm PVC electric conduit Capacity Lawrence Zarb UK diy 14 April 3rd 06 05:33 PM
Current capacity of XLPE SWA Andy Burns UK diy 1 February 26th 06 07:32 PM
8 AWG current capacity Grant Erwin Metalworking 22 June 16th 05 03:58 PM