Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely & Utterly OT; Handyman charges

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:38:50 +0000, Si wrote:

One of the useful things PSP can do is selective cloning. The user
selects a paintbrush (size/shape/density/opacity etc.) then right clicks
an area in an image to select the source. Left clicking elsewhere then
clones from one place to another with all the attributes previously
selected. This useful for hiding minor blemishes in a textured area. I
was unable to find this facility in the Gimp when I tried it.

The gimp's rubber-stamp-icon tool lets you 'paint' an area (selected by the
brush type) from one location (selected by ctrl-click) to another (click,
or click & drag to copy more than one blob). I use this for touching up
blemishes.

--
John Stumbles

This message has been rot13 encrypted twice for added security
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Stumbles
writes
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:38:50 +0000, Si wrote:

One of the useful things PSP can do is selective cloning. The user
selects a paintbrush (size/shape/density/opacity etc.) then right clicks
an area in an image to select the source. Left clicking elsewhere then
clones from one place to another with all the attributes previously
selected. This useful for hiding minor blemishes in a textured area. I
was unable to find this facility in the Gimp when I tried it.

The gimp's rubber-stamp-icon tool lets you 'paint' an area (selected by the
brush type) from one location (selected by ctrl-click) to another (click,
or click & drag to copy more than one blob). I use this for touching up
blemishes.

Ahh, Ok, thanks, I'll take another look...

Yup, Thanks muchly John. Problem is of course, I'm used to PSP (been
using it since v4.12) but I'll persist.

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Ian White
writes
Si wrote:
One of the useful things PSP can do is selective cloning. The user
selects a paintbrush (size/shape/density/opacity etc.) then right
clicks an area in an image to select the source. Left clicking
elsewhere then clones from one place to another with all the
attributes previously selected. This useful for hiding minor blemishes
in a textured area.

With suitable 'fractal' backgrounds such as lawn and Leylandii, it can
hide blemishes the size of a garden shed.

I was unable to find this facility in the Gimp when I tried it.

Well, of course you couldn't.

But it's there.

--
Si
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:59:34 +0000, Si wrote:

Yup, Thanks muchly John. Problem is of course, I'm used to PSP (been
using it since v4.12) but I'll persist.

I never got that much addicted to PSP, and being a Linux-ite now I don't
have that problem anyway!

--
John Stumbles

Blamestorming
Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed
or a project failed, and who was responsible.